Sponsored by:

Smashed rear wiper cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 06:17 PM
FAEDC3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smashed rear wiper cover

Hey guys, I'm the newbie here, so please be gentle. I searched the database but couldn't find anything, so your help is much appreciated.

I've got a 2010 Cayenne S, a couple weeks ago while parking rear end first in a spot at a mall. I did not see (and of course the proximity sensor did not feel it either) that there was a concrete edge sticking out the wall right at the wiper arm height. I was backing up slowly and stopped as soon as I heard the noise; the only thing damaged was the little round plastic cover that goes at the very end of the wiper arm and covers the shaft, it still works perfectly though.

I called my local dealer thinking this could be easily exchanged, but they said that I should exchange not only the whole arm, but the whole piece of glass! with the motor included, not because its broken, but because they just don't sell the part by itself!! BTW the peruvian Porsche dealer is famous for scaling up the gravity of a damage to increase labor and parts costs.

My question is: Is there a part number for this (apparently simple) part? or is it true that my first Porsche needs major surgery being less than one year old?

Beats me that there isn't a simpler solution for this. I've owned german cars (BMW) for many years, and doubt that something like this has such an irrational fix.

Thanks for you advice
Old 10-14-2010, 07:11 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Try any Porsche dismantler or any wrecker might have it.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:27 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

those things used to pop off all the time and get replaced for a buck or 2, they must think you have done more damage
Old 10-14-2010, 09:55 PM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

The cover is available separately as is the wiper arm. They're feeding you BS.

Just replaced the arm, blade, and cover for ~$65 US.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:20 PM
FAEDC3
Track Day

Thanks for the advice guys.... I'll try to locate a retailer in the US selling the arm and cover.

BTW great to be here!! lots of knowlegde available in the forum....

Quick Reply: Smashed rear wiper cover