Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd set of wheels - pics please..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 214 Posts
Default 2nd set of wheels - pics please..?

All - thanks again for your comments on PTV and PDCC. Your opinions help me finally alter my build on my CTT that I think will suit me and my family perfectly. I am now drawing on the experience (and photos!) of the group to suggest a second set of wheels for my winter rubber that I will be installing. In this part of Canada, the snow tire inventory gets next to nil in late fall so I am thinking of ordering them within the next couple of weeks. I am hoping you could post some snap shots of Cayennes (2011's if anybody has them) with custom wheels on them. I have 21" Turbo 2 OEM's on my build coming so the 20's will give me an OK snow yet still give the vehicle the look I am after. Here, the snows stay on the vehicle November through April...which is a lot....so I want it still to look good. If anyone has experienced some smallish spacers and smaller diameter wheels which gave the truck a custom look I would consider that too I guess, but I think 20" rims are the ticket for me.

Posters help is appreciated.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 PM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

well, no pics and no 2011, but I'd thought I'd throw this idea out.
I have an 08 GTS with the 21 inch million spoke sportplus wheels, very pretty but tough to clean in the winter.
so for my winter wheels I watched ebay and classifieds for someone in a warm climate trading in their stock 21 wheels for 22's. it took some time but eventually I picked up a set of GTS 21 inch cayenne sport wheels. not techart, but still good looking and easy to clean.

if you're looking for 20's you'd search for the sporttechno or sport design. I'm sure they are out there in florida or california or someplace warm.
then again if you want to spend the big bucks, the HRE monoblok P40 mesh come in 20 inch and they would be beautiful.
http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/monoblok//porsche/p40/

Quick Reply: 2nd set of wheels - pics please..?