Sponsored by:

2011 V6 ordered today

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:40 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts
Default 2011 V6 ordered today

Hi all- I'm new to the forums and soon to be a new Cayenne owner. It will be my first Porsche, but sadly, it's a Dec build and won't be until Jan for delivery! I've been trolling for the past couple weeks, thought I'd register and make my first post.

After trying to sell a CS to the wife, we agreed on a custom order V6 with the following:

Classic Silver Metallic with Standard Interior in Black
8spdTipS InclAutoStartStopFunc
ExteriorPackageHigh-glossBlack
Roof Rails with Moulding Black
Porsche Entry & Drive
BOSE® Audio Package
19" Cayenne Turbo Wheel
Convenience Package

MSRP with all the options is close to a base price of a CS. I think my sales guy provided a decent discount considering it was a custom order (a little over 3%), while the 3 other dealerships I spoke to weren't offering anything off msrp for incoming V6 stock (non were currently on hand). He even went on to say that they were going to ask for "premiums" on the V6s because they were in such high demand (could be a sales feel good tactic).

I really wanted an S for obvious reasons, but wasn't able to sell the wife on the additional $10k (at least). Since I had to "settle" for the V6, I custom ordered to get the exact options I wanted. I was also really torn between the Jet Black Metallic and Silver... My previous 4 cars were either Silver or Grey Metallic, but I thought black, although beautiful in the Cayenne IMO, would be HOT (I live in the desert) and hard to keep clean of dirt/dust and the dreaded swirl marks. I plan on keeping this car for a while and opted for the "safe" silver.

Glad to hear any opinions or thoughts... thanks.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on your purchase! Taking delivery of a new car smack in the middle of the winter can have it's drawbacks and surely reduces the "Porsche delivery experience" factor! However, living in a warm climate year-round like you do surely helps!!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Congratulations. You did well on the discount. I just ordered a heavily optioned CS (checked every box) and still did not go with entry/drive. I am very curious why you wanted that.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts

Thanks guys, can't wait to have it delivered! Winter in the desert = mid to low 50s... not exactly cold, though I think the natives might argue that one...

My sales guy asked the same about the entry/drive, most don't think it's worth the price. However, my current and last vehicle both have/had it and I really like not having to use the key.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
ManMachine
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, if you live in the desert, get a car with lighter interior color, because the black interior is the color that will absorb a lot of heat and probably burn you.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:38 PM
copasetic222
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I have entry and drive on an '09 CTTS and it is one of the most useful options I have ever had. Once you have it you will not want to be without it.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by copasetic222
I have entry and drive on an '09 CTTS and it is one of the most useful options I have ever had. Once you have it you will not want to be without it.
+1

Quick Reply: 2011 V6 ordered today