Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used Cayenne Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Big Easy Sharkster
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

OK, you hit it right on the head... I've got an ego to satisfy. However, outside of that, here's the other things that influenced my decision
1. It's going to be the wife's car. I get her a new one every 5-7 years. She works full time and safety, reliability are key. The get whatever car she passses down to me. In this case, a '11 Touareg
2. It's a 6 cyl... I/she doesn't need power. I travel frequently. I just don't want her on the side of the road, at night awaiting AAA and I want her to walk away from an accident.
3. All CPO's that I looked at were abt $5k off list for a 1 yr old, or $6-8 off a 2 yr old. Again, for that money, why risk inheriting someone else's problems.
4. This will be my 5th Porsche of which only the 2nd one I've bought new. The last new one was 1985. FYG, I've had a Porsche in my garage ever since 1974. How many rennlist posts have you seen complaining about problems they inherited from PO's?
4. When I need an ego boost, I go for a drive in the 928

Anyway, I revived this thread to just to let you know that I'm going to be apart of yr clan here in a few days. Didn't really expect to get slammed for being an egotist, but whatever. I've been on Rennlist long enough to know that sometimes these threads get misconstrued and therefore, I've said my piece and this will be my last post on this thread. Appreciate all the constructive input.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A new car doesn't nessecarily mean it won't leave you stranded and waiting for a tow. New cars have to work out the bugs. Cars with 50-60k on them have typically has those bugs worked out.

Many slightly used cars can also be had with better warranties than new.

Did the 2016 get some crazy new safety feature that makes it safer than other year Cayennes?

It's not just about power either. The S, Turbo, and GTS all come with more standard options making them A) nicer cars and B) much easier to sell in a few years.

Just because a base doesn't depreciat on paper downy mean it will be easy to get rid of either

Quick Reply: Used Cayenne Info