Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Four Zone vs Two Zone Climate Controls

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 03:40 PM
VT911sc
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at Rubber Floor Mats (front and rear) for my 2014 Cayenne with 2 zone.

I realize that the Cargo Tray is different is diff for the 2 and 4 zone, but is there a difference for the floor mats?

If so, what is that difference? I imagine that there would only be a potential difference with the rear seats (because of the vents, etc), but it would be good to know definitively.

Ideally, I'd like to know if a 4-zone matts would fit (albeit maybe not perfectly) in a 2-zone car. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2017, 10:40 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

I'd be tempted to say they'll work, but in looking at the Weathertech mats in my '17 (with 4 zone) I noticed there's both a front lip and a raised section in the back. I don't think the front lip would pose any problems, other than appearance. I don't know what the rear of the hump looks like with the 2-zone setup. I don't know if the floor is like that in both, or not. I'd wonder if the whole hump is raised enough, in the 4-zone, to present an issue with the mats. I don't know.

As for cargo mat, don't forget there's also the option of having the cargo management rails. I have them and love using them. Though, there's no rubber mat with a lip that'll work with them. As in, no mat with a raised side lip around it. I've long used a winter doormat and it fits just about perfectly left-right between the cargo rail uprights. It has hefty channels around the mat and very absorbent material. Front-back it's short but I don't find myself hauling a lot of big/messy stuff, so it's fine. Saves me from the occasional spill from groceries or something wet. Note, any mat you put back there will reduce the effectiveness of the subwoofer located under the spare, if you have that sound option (Bose, Burmeister).
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Four Zone vs Two Zone Climate Controls