Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Care to comment on my 2011 build?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Care to comment on my 2011 build?

Well, it looks like another Porsche is going to join the family.

Here is what I've come up for a build sheet. I'd apprecaite hearing other owners experience with some of the options.

Cayenne S Hybrid
Packages PU3 Premium Package Plus $11,650
Exterior Color P5 Classic Silver Metallic $790
Interior Color MA Standard Interior in Black $0
Exterior 1D6 Trailer Coupling without Removable Ball Joint $650
3FU Panorama Roof System $660
4GH Heated Windscreen $490
QJ4 Exterior Package in High-gloss Black $150
Performance 0M1 Extended Range Fuel Tank $0
1BK Air Suspension with Self-levelling and Height Adjustment with PASM $0
G1G 8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start Stop Function $0
Wheels C1Q 18" Cayenne S III Wheel $0
Interior 1ML Three-spoke Sports Steering Wheel with Paddles $0
4X4 Side Airbags rear $370
6A7 Fire Extinguisher $140
8T3 Adaptive Cruise Control $2,490 (on the fence with this option)
9JA Non-smoker Package $0 (will I loose the 12V plug?)
PE6 18-way Adaptive Sports Seats with Memory Package $1,815 (any experience with these?)

I might also add XM however I can use the XM app on my iPhone.
Also considered the insulated glass (does it make much of a difference?), Anthracite Birch interior.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Silver was my second choice. Ended up with Sand White/Black as I've had silver cars/trucks for a long time and needed a change.

I added the much lauded PTV plus to my build.

Did you consider the Stainless Steel front and rear skid plates for cosmetics??
Old 08-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good build, 3 thoughts.

If you'll ever want roof rails, order them now. They can not be retrofitted.

18 way adaptive seats are incredible, if you can get in and out comfortably.

I like the 3 spoke sport wheel on the sports cars, but i don't like losing the functionality on the panamera and cayenne. The nav and phone interface from the thumbwheel to the tft screen are pretty good, IMO
Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alfie, my salesman told me when I switched to the three spoke wheel w/paddles that it included the multifunction buttons. This is a new itineration evidentially. Hope he's right!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I must have missed something, but can't seem to find that confirmation. If you come across it(pics, etc.) please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alfie
I must have missed something, but can't seem to find that confirmation. If you come across it(pics, etc.) please let me know.

Thanks!
Nice build....

I've read recently that the sport wheel has a stalk on the right side that allows you to control the PCM funtions, but I have not been able to verify. (Alfie-- If this is true, is it too late to change my order (again!) j/k)

Other comments:

1. The sport wheel is not heated. Living in MA, you may want that.

2. Seems strange to order a fire extinguisher with a hybrid (or even w/a Cayenne for that matter, though I really like this option is the 911/Boxster etc., and you need it if you track the car).

3. I ordered the voice command for the PCM. If it works the way they describe it -- controlling all PCM functions with natural voice command-- will be very convenient.

4. I've seen pictures of a few cars with the extended wheel arch option. I think it looks really good and sporty, but they are price at about $1,000 for something totally cosmetic. Still, if I saw them before I finalized my order, I might have pulled the trigger on this.

5. I bagged the non-smoker option because I want to be sure to get the outlet.

6. The best non-performance option IMO-- bar none-- is the full leather. To me it's a must. The interior of my 5 year old Cayenne looks and smells new. It's expensive, but they cover a lot-- doors, dash etc. and the stitching is very nice. Great leather smell for years to come... (FWIW- I'd much rather have the leather than the adaptive CC)
Old 08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Bill - Sand white was my second choice! PTV is not an option for the S Hybrid unfortunately, and I think I'd go with the anthracite interior (or full leather) before doing the skid plates but thanks for the suggestion.

Alfie - I did hear that on the 2011 the roof rails have to be optioned during the build but I've never used them on my other car. Glad to hear a positive note on the 18-way seats. They can't be harder to get in and out of than the sport buckets in my GT3 :-) You've got a good point on the paddles. I've driven Audi S5 and AMG C63 with paddles and like them much better than the tiptronic buttons, however the multifunction buttons may be useful.

rome - I've never had a heated wheel so maybe it is time to try it. The fire extinguisher isn't for track prep, I just like having one in each car just in case. I have voice in one of my cars and tend to only use it to make calls occasionally so I was going to put the $$$ elsewhere. I think I'll opt for the outlet and bag the non-smoker. Full leather, yea it sure would be nice. I saw two 2011s one with and one without. The dash on the 2011 without full leather wasn't bad at all, but the stiching does make it look nice. I have full leather on my GT3 and really like it. The adatpive CC is mainly because I have to drive the car to NY and back every month and just putting it in curise and avoiding the temptation of the right foot may help me keep my points down.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:42 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaine S
Well, it looks like another Porsche is going to join the family.

Here is what I've come up for a build sheet. I'd apprecaite hearing other owners experience with some of the options.
I have air suspension on my 06 CS and it's awesome. Sounds like a full build. What's the total? dave
Old 08-10-2010, 02:57 PM
keresks7
Intermediate

Very nice build. I am building my Cayenne S now and reading the comments of the addicts is always very helpful. I spoke with a dealer and he told me that the 9JA Non-smoker Package $0 (will I loose the 12V plug?) will give you a little more space but you will lose the 12V plugs, which is a big negative on loner trips or if you need to charge a phone or something. I dive Audi S4 and will be new to the Porsche family, so I am not familiar whether or not there will be another 12V plug in the glove department or something. If you guys can give me a little color on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Congrats on you new build and enjoy
Old 08-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good question, Keresks7. I ordered the non smoker pkg as well and would like the outlet for the same reasons. Let's hope someone can enlighten us.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

On the old Cayenne you lose the outlet...No one seems to know as far as the new one goes, but I decided not to take a chance. (How big could the storage be...the ashtry is tiny).
Old 08-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Even in our TN winters the heated wheel is nice. The Pepper is my only vehicle with it though, wish the others had it.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:31 AM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice build you have going. I just got a 2011 CS. I have the MF steering wheel. I've seen both wheels. The 3 spoke does not have mf buttons on it. There is another stalk on the steering column. Being a Cayenne, I don't think you'll be tossing it around on the track. I'm perfectly happen with the tiptronic buttons. The mf buttons are extremely useful. I use them basically all the time. You can change displays, radio, telephone, nav, etc. And you can get a heated mf wheel, which I think would be fabulous.

Alfie is right, if you want roof racks, you need to order them now. 18 way seats would be excellent. I don't know if your packages come with Porsche entry and drive (keyless go), but I would get that too. I think that also comes with remote tailgate close too. The standard is you have to hit the close button on the tailgate.

I am also one who is in the full leather camp. I would get full leather if I had ordered mine. Maybe the last thing is four zone climate control so your guests will like you just a little better.

I think that's about it.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

the sport seats are amazing imo

the sport wheel looks so good that i would give up the heat; the stalk is on the lower right and is similar to the stalk on the current cayenne and my boxster. you move it up or down to scroll and push a button to engage option or go deeper.

frankly spent 3 days with a panamera turbo this weekend that uses the same display and it would be easy to have used the stalk version. the other functions cover things so close to your reach that doesn't matter imo

Quick Reply: Care to comment on my 2011 build?