Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod/Blackberry Cradle Options...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:11 PM
SparkyCanada
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod/Blackberry Cradle Options...

Hi there

Getting a Dension unit installed in my '05 Cayenne on Monday (as well as a JL Stealth Sub Box).

Wondering about where the best place to install my ipod/blackberry cradle?

Part of me wants to just have a cable coming out of the storage slot under the radio (CDR23) - and part of me wants to have an external cradle.

Does anyone have any tips on how best to set this up?

Pictures (or links to successful install pics) of installs would be very cool as well.

Thanks,

Sparky Canada
Old 07-04-2010, 09:58 PM
jr1966
Rennlist Member

I just ordered a Dension unit for my PCM and I will be putting my ipod hidden in either the glovebox or center console. However, in your case, I would assume you want direct control/access to your ipod? Depends on the level of security you want. If you have a cradle, easier access to the ipod for direct control and more space in the storage bin for other uses, however, even though you're gonna keep the ipod out of sight when parked, thieves would assume you have an ipod somewhere in the car if they see the cradle and chances of break-in is higher. Putting the ipod in the storage slot below the player would still give you quick access to your ipod but lessens the use of that storage for other stuff. However, it will not give thieves the idea that you have an ipod hidden somwhere in there and you don't have to keep on plugging and unplugging the ipod whenever you park the car somewhere. I personally would go with putting the ipod in the storage bin as there are other places in the car I can put my other stuff. Just my personal opinion.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
jplondon
5th Gear

I have Mobrigde and I put it in the rear cd changer area because once I load it with music I really don’t need to access it since everything can be controlled via the steering wheel and the PCM. I don’t get why people want to go through the trouble of installing up front. Any experienced installer can do the rear in about 5 minutes on a Cayenne with Nav. All the connections for power and the fiber loop are lying right there if there is no changer. And it can be removed just as easily. I didn’t even mount it I just fount a small pillow and a big cable tie and laid it on the bottom....anyway the only time I take it out is to sync for podcast which is about once a week. Mobrige recommended mounting it behind the PCM and putting the IPod in the glove box. Ideally I would prefer to have a plate in the box under the arm rest with USB, Aux and IPod inputs but I haven’t seen this offered.

Quick Reply: Ipod/Blackberry Cradle Options...