Sponsored by:

CPO Warrenty "Limited"

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:28 PM
pigcorn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CPO Warrenty "Limited"

I have a 2005 Cayenne S and at the time I bought it in Feb 2007 I purchased the CPO for $2800 or so.

I have had my car serviced under the CPO and had many things replaced at no cost including the complete drivers side door hinges which bent in when a strong wind caught the door (5 hours of labor) and things like auto headlight sensors, new steering wheel due to a chip in the Porsche Logo (no joke) and various other things mostly sensor or dipped Xenon lamp.

I went to get service today because when I disengage the ebrake 80% of the time the sensor says that my parking brake is still engage and even worse a long beep rings every 5 seconds. However the ebrake is certainly disengaged.

I went to get it fixed at the same dealer but new service rep and they said before they even knew what the problem was that my CPO had changed since it was not the new CPO as of 2008 and that my warrranty is "very" Limited.

I said "ok" well I never had a problem before and after charging me a $90 diag fee she said we found that the e-brake strut (ie $18 spring) needs to be replaced and that it is NOT covered under the limited CPO I have.

What gives!? I called Porsche and have a case open. The CPO paperwork I signed and paid for says Limited only means it does not cover wear and tear or tires, belts, etc.

Is the service dealer working me over?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:20 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds fishy to me. I do recall reading Porsche changing CPO warranty coverage but that should only apply to people that bought it afterward.

By the way, I had the same parking brake sensor/light problem before, twice to be exact. It is a common one from my understanding. Both times were replaced under warranty but I did buy mine new. The first time the complete pedal assembly was replaced, which was pretty stupid of Porsche because it was just a small shock that needed to be replaced. Second time around, Porsche has gotten smarter, they replaced the shock only. According to some members here, it can be replaced easily in few mins. The part number is 955-423-389-00, Parking Brake Dampener.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Eric_Shea
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Change your warranty coverage after the fact? Sounds spot on to me... have your attorney call and contact them about your "open case".
Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 PM
pigcorn
Advanced

Thanks guys. Yes that was the part, darn I knew I could have done it myself for the $18 that it costs. I ended paying $118 in total (the dealer said they would take $$ off so that I was satisfied)?

Anyway it is not so much that I am out the $100 it is more principle.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

When you bought this car did it have part of the factory warranty remaining?

The only way this is logical is for everything previously to have been covered by the original warranty and now you are on the CPO -- and for some reason this is not covered as part of the old CPO.

Porsche can't reduce your warranty agreement.

They have changed the program a few times -- And it amazing to me that very few people working at the three dealerships I go to know the details.

The last CPO I did the cost to the dealer was just under 2k from Porsche. Plus the reconditioning costs.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 AM
pigcorn
Advanced

Yes it had part of the factory remaining when I bought it.

2005-2008 Factory (bought in 2007)
2008-2011 (CPO)
Old 07-01-2010, 11:04 AM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

I do not have the books for mine in front of me -- but I do not remember the previous CPO changing in the last year.

Some of the CPO programs do drop down in the last year -- but anything relating to your parking brake should be covered?

Quick Reply: CPO Warrenty "Limited"