download this for lots of info
http://www.porsche.com/filestore.asp...ault&version=1
Thanks!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:50 PM
GregW
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
That's weird. I know the one for the premier at our dealer was a Turbo so I certainly wouldn't contradict your statement.
You may already have the answer but here is an image from the UK's Autoexpress magazine review of the Diesel. It shows the rear loadspace with one seat folded. It was part of a group test including the X5, VW and an Infiniti.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:09 PM
carinaman
Cruisin'

We built / ordered a 2011 Cayenne S in July 2010. We took delivery on December 3rd. The car looks beautiful and is great to drive. Having said that, it's been nothing but problems and has been in the shop 4 different times. In fact it's going back in today. The most serious and ongoing problem is leaking - they thought from the vent at base of window on passenger side. The seal was installed backwards causing water to leak into car at passengers feet. Now they can't figure out why it's leaking. They think water may be sitting in the "pan" underneath the aforementioned vent - and think that running the fan is picking up the water and blowing it into the interior ductwork - their answer believe it or not was to suggest that "I not use the fan if the car's been washed or it has rained recently. It's so bad that the car fogs up while sitting in the garage. The knocking sound coming from the engine at idle they say is normal??. The ambient lighting does not function properly. When you adjust the level on the pcm (from 0-100%) it makes no difference - it's either on 100% or off. - their now telling me this is the way it's supposed to work. As this is the first year of a new production model. I know it's to early to establish a pattern of faults with the car, But, I would be grateful in hearing from anyone who's experiencing similar problems, or any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:00 AM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I just took delivery of an '11 cs and so far it is great. The interior is fantastic and just loaded with gizmos to make things convenient and interesting. The seats seem a little too firm almost hard and while I am getting used to them they are uncomfortable. The seat heaters work well but even on low they get too hot...is that common. The handling and power is simply awesome. This is a big improvement over my Touareg and I thoroughly enjoyed all 109,000 miles I put on the VW.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Nemic
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike,

I see that you find the seats too firm. May I ask what seats you have fitted?

We have just placed an order for the Comfort seats that have the adjustable under-leg squab - I also found the standard seats in the test-drive vehicle too firm. I am hoping that the comfort seats are better.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:49 AM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carinaman
We built / ordered a 2011 Cayenne S in July 2010. We took delivery on December 3rd. The car looks beautiful and is great to drive. Having said that, it's been nothing but problems and has been in the shop 4 different times. In fact it's going back in today. The most serious and ongoing problem is leaking - they thought from the vent at base of window on passenger side. The seal was installed backwards causing water to leak into car at passengers feet. Now they can't figure out why it's leaking. They think water may be sitting in the "pan" underneath the aforementioned vent - and think that running the fan is picking up the water and blowing it into the interior ductwork - their answer believe it or not was to suggest that "I not use the fan if the car's been washed or it has rained recently. It's so bad that the car fogs up while sitting in the garage. The knocking sound coming from the engine at idle they say is normal??. The ambient lighting does not function properly. When you adjust the level on the pcm (from 0-100%) it makes no difference - it's either on 100% or off. - their now telling me this is the way it's supposed to work. As this is the first year of a new production model. I know it's to early to establish a pattern of faults with the car, But, I would be grateful in hearing from anyone who's experiencing similar problems, or any advice would be appreciated.
My engine ticks as well. Normal.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:50 AM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikew968
I just took delivery of an '11 cs and so far it is great. The interior is fantastic and just loaded with gizmos to make things convenient and interesting. The seats seem a little too firm almost hard and while I am getting used to them they are uncomfortable. The seat heaters work well but even on low they get too hot...is that common. The handling and power is simply awesome. This is a big improvement over my Touareg and I thoroughly enjoyed all 109,000 miles I put on the VW.
Check out those heaters. Mine are VERY warm on high. Never HOT.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM
carinaman
Cruisin'

Anybody else having leaking or fogging issues inside their 2011 Cayenne
Old 01-13-2011, 08:57 AM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Nemic:

I have the 14 way seat with ventilation. I am getting used to the firmness but my wife is not a big fan. Funny on 2 test drives I don't remember the seats being firm????
Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Two other "things": The air susp seems to be very little different in feel from the comfort to the sport settings. The heated seats are very hot on low...so hot once warm I have to shut them off. Anybody else have experience with these two items on the '11.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:09 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mikew968
Two other "things": The air susp seems to be very little different in feel from the comfort to the sport settings. The heated seats are very hot on low...so hot once warm I have to shut them off. Anybody else have experience with these two items on the '11.
The warmth of the heated seats not all bad. On my 2008 GTS they never seemed to really get warm. My 2011 "S" comes off the line on 9 Feb. I should see it around the first week in March. It's been a long wait.

Quick Reply: New 2011 Cayenne First Impression