Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought 05 Cayenne 2 hours ago!! I'm desperate, I got screwed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy E.
Negativity? Here? Naw, come-on?

Cole, I guess after driving and owning early water cooled Porsch-A's like we do, nothing even comes close. Right?
In the last year On my 951 I rebuilt the head,torque tube, clutch 2x, starter, vacuum lines, timing belt, balance shaft belts, oil seals, replaced fuel injectors, new wheel studs, seats, interior, new shifter, rebuilt hatch, wheel bearings, climate control and probably somethings else.

The Cayenne seams easy

My Audi S4 had far more "known issues" than the Cayenne's list of "known issues". On the Audi most of them required pulling the engine out too.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:45 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole
The impression I get in the Rennlist Cayenne section is that it's a bunch of spoiled little kids that get pissy if the soy to espresso ratio is not right in their latte..
But thank god we have you here, to remind us that buying brand new and not working on our own cars is so bourgeois
Old 06-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Cole
Drifting

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
But thank god we have you here, to remind us that buying brand new and not working on our own cars is so bourgeois
I like my money
Old 06-29-2010, 03:48 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

No, you just like being an a-hole
Old 06-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Cole
Drifting

Thumbs down

No, you just like being an a-hole
Classy.

If you consider putting the facts into perspective and not just being a jerk to anyone that askes a questions in these forums being an a-hole, then I guess I am.

I just try to clarify the facts to fend off all the scare tactics in these forums.

I hope your "buy high, sell low" plan continues to work for you. I'm plenty happy to buy rigs like this after someone else has sorted through the warranty issues and paid the massive depreciation.

Thank you.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Yeah, putting that "thank you" at the end really makes you the "classy one" after you continuously make sure to indicate your annoyance with those who don't buy used, don't work on their cars themselves and voice their problems on Rennlist, by comments such as the one I quoted further up.

Enjoy working on your car. I'm sure you'll be doing plenty of that
Old 06-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

OK, settle down
Old 06-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Cole
Drifting

Yeah, putting that "thank you" at the end really makes you the "classy one" after you continuously make sure to indicate your annoyance with those who don't buy used, don't work on their cars themselves and voice their problems on Rennlist, by comments such as the one I quoted further up.

Enjoy working on your car. I'm sure you'll be doing plenty of that
I have never once had an annoyance with anyone buying new.

What annoys me is the scare tactics that seem to stem from the old guard here. (and only here on rennlist) It seems there is a bitterness from those that paid upwards of $100k for a vehicle that can be bought now for 25-35 cents on the dollar.

There seems to br this need to scare off new owners with "ewe......it'll break.......eweww.......you can't afford to fix it" type of posts. Somehow trying to justify or protect your exclusivity you once paid for.

Yes, there are a few issues. But honestly, very few compared to many other cars, especially of this class.

Most of the things can be fixed by an average DIYer others a shop can do for really not much money.

Some things I have shops do, others I do . That is part of being an enthusiast. If you're not an enthusiast, why are you here?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:37 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

I have never once had an annoyance with anyone buying new.
Yes you have. I don't care to go through your posts to give you the exact quotes, but they're there. I believe you keep referring to those people as "elitist"

It seems there is a bitterness from those that paid upwards of $100k for a vehicle that can be bought now for 25-35 cents on the dollar.
There is no bitterness and I have addressed this before, as you probably also forgot, because you continuously make this point as well. Post #45

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ml#post7556237

That is part of being an enthusiast. If you're not an enthusiast, why are you here?
Cole, just like I told you before, it shouldn't really be of concern to you how others spend their money and in this case, why and who is an enthusiast here or not.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Cole
Drifting

A. You can't find the post by me because it does not exist.

B. I don't care how you spend your money. I would be happy if money never came up in a car forum. But all the negative Cayenee hater posts are the ones that bring up cost. No me.

C. What the hell is up with your totally inappropriate for a car forum avatar? Seriously! This is a car forum. Avatars should bd appropriate to the forums. Many users here read this in their offices, homes etc.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Seriously, enough of the pissing contest. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,574 Likes on 985 Posts

Every automobile forum that I have ever visited on a regular basis has negativity associated with it. That includes this board, the Saab boards, the Volvo board, the HUMMER board, etc.

It's quite simple, really. People come to these boards to solve problems. They don't make posts very often that say: "Everything was great with my car today. Nothing happened". Who wants to read that? To the uninitiated, these posts can certainly seem very negative or scary. That doesn't mean the people who wrote them are complaining or are upset with the soy ratio in their latte... it means that they are sharing knowledge or seeking knowledge. If it scares people off, then they are probably better off buying another car anyway.

I work on my own cars (within my abilities), and I don't drink lattes. I'm not afraid to admit when there's a problem with my car, no matter how much I paid for it.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,574 Likes on 985 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Seriously, enough of the pissing contest. Thank you.
+1

So Marc, how are you enjoying the new Cayenne.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:03 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

A. You can't find the post by me because it does not exist.

B. I don't care how you spend your money. I would be happy if money never came up in a car forum. But all the negative Cayenee hater posts are the ones that bring up cost. No me.

C. What the hell is up with your totally inappropriate for a car forum avatar? Seriously! This is a car forum. Avatars should bd appropriate to the forums. Many users here read this in their offices, homes etc.
I hate repeating myself. I don't care to go through your posts, but those comments are there and you sound like an ***-cole making them

Don't browse internet forums at work, Cole. And if a naked man's torso is giving you a problem at "home, etc", then I really don't know what else to say
Old 06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have several cayennes, out in the garden. Oh, wait, you meant the SUV. My bad. Just had to try and put some happiness back into this thread. If I wanted to 'hear' that much arguing, I'd just go visit my folks.

Quick Reply: Bought 05 Cayenne 2 hours ago!! I'm desperate, I got screwed!!