Sponsored by:

GTS wing

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:19 AM
quattrotman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTS wing

Thinking of picking up a GTS rear roof spoiler for my 05CS. Is it a direct bolt on? Any extra parts needed or just the wing? Anyone done this? How hard to take off the wing? Your help greatly appreciated...thx!!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Very easy to do. All parts are included with the wing. Should work just fine on your 05. Good luck!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Procedure to replace old rear wing with new GTS version

a) Open the rear glass hatch portion of the tailgate. Using a trim removal tool or a small flat-headed screwdriver, pop the three large black plastic caps.
b) Using your fingers, gently pull off the small rubber gaskets that are snapped into the left & right undersides of the spoiler ends
c) Using a Philips screwdriver, remove small screw on each end of the spoiler
d) Using a hex key socket wrench, have somebody stay inside the hatch area and lightly hold the spoiler down while you remove all three bolts
e) Level the glass hatch to a neutral position. Have somebody stay on the RH side of the rear supporting the spoiler while you gently pry up the LH side using only your hands. There are spring-loaded clips that will release as you gently lift upwards from the rear. Switch places with your friend and do the same on the RH side.
f) Gently lift off spoiler
g) Installation is the reverse of above-mentioned. The use of thread locking compound on the three hex screws when re-mounting is recommended. When mounting the new spoiler, first fit leading edge into the front clips and follow with the trailing edge. A light smack with the palm of your hand on each end of the spoiler top will seat the spoiler into the spring-loaded clips.
h) Applying several applications of masking tape to the hatchback trailing edges (where the spoiler meets the hatchback painted surface) will protect the paint in the event that you slip while trying to dismount/mount the spoiler.
The following users liked this post:
RAdkins (10-01-2023)
Old 06-28-2010, 06:43 PM
quattrotman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...thanks for the detailed instructions Andy E! Much appreciated!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:54 PM
carlos50
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, can i ask, are you referring to the inner and outer parts of this spoiler or just the outer cover?
Old 06-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The GTS bi-plane wing (top portion only) will fit all '08-'10 Cayenne with the standard rear spoiler (bottom portion). If retrofitting to a pre '08 model, you will have to replace the bottom portion of the spoiler with the updated unit.

Since the rear spoiler bottom portion houses several electronic components, they will have to be removed and relocated to the newer unit; should the conversion be done on a pre '08 model.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:17 PM
carlos50
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, is that the same for the standard 957 spoiler onto the 955?

I'm glad i checked about the GTS one, I had the chance to get one to upgrade from the Aero type that i have but its only the outer part so no good based on what you said.
Old 12-10-2023, 02:49 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 117 Posts

So helpful, thanks! I’m installing the rear camera for my BlackVue, and wanted to add a couple things.

1) these are the grommets. Might be a t20 instead of a Phillips underneath.

2) pull BACK and up, not just up to remove.

These pins locate the spoiler. Pull back and up not just up.

If you just pull up, you will likely rip the pins out of the fiberglass like I did.

Last edited by Crozzer; 12-11-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2023, 12:02 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 128 Posts

I had to remove my rear spoiler when I replacent my annoying LED third light. Cozzer, your directions are spot on. Thanks for posting!
Old 12-11-2023, 10:52 PM
rosskuhns
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

to clarify, is the GTS wing in two pieces? You can buy the top half and attach it?

I'm asking as for some reason my 08 GTS does not have the wing. I thought maybe it had been replaced, but found that it was a no charge option, you just had to select it when ordering. head smack.
I'd like the GTS wing so my life is complete

Last edited by rosskuhns; 12-13-2023 at 10:30 AM. Reason: add info

Quick Reply: GTS wing