Sponsored by:

Just installed Dension GW 500 + BT1500

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:59 PM
laxman1100
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Dension GW 500 + BT1500

Hi, I just installed the Dension GW500 and BT1500 in my 2006 Porsche Cayenne. It has the PCM 2.1 navigation and I had a few questions:
  • When I'm using bluetooth audio, I can't skip forward or backwards on the PCM/steering wheel. How can I get it to work?
  • While using bluetooth phone, is there a way to get the numerical keypad on the PCM to work?
  • If I make a call while using bluetooth audio, it doesn't resume playing...I actually have to go to the iphone to restart play.
  • Is there a way to turn on track details in the HUD?

Thanks, so far so good, just a few nuances I'm trying to figure out.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Here are some answers for the questions we discussed by phone today, and this may help others so I'll post below:

1) Customer takes a lot of conference calls in vehicle, is there any way to punch in numbers on the PCM once the call is connected? Sometimes this is required during a conference call. No. During phone call PCM keypad is locked.
2) While running BT Audio with iPhone 3G, is there any way to skip tracks on the PCM controls? Yes Next and Previous track function should be functional.
3) In BT Audio, when a call comes in, music mutes/pauses, call is taken, but when he hangs up, the BT Audio does not return. Had to go into mode selections, reconnect, etc. What would cause this and what is the fix? Phone issue. The phone does not start back. The GW sends the Play command but the phone must be in "idle" mode and not listening to BT commands.
4) Is SMS/Email/TXT do-able on PCM screen? No
5) Is there any way to add ‘favorite contact’ on PCM screen mode? When he tries to do this, he gets a group of 3, but cannot add. No. Cannot edit the Phonebook content in the PCM.
6) Voice dialing – he does not thing the iPhone 3G is voice dial ready, so I told him same goes for the PCM setup – phone dependent. Please confirm. The voice dial is not supported from the PCM. If phone is capable, the voice dial can be initiated from the phone it self.
7) On the ’06 the left steering wheel controls give him volume up/down, the right gives him forward/back/scan tracks or mode. Can he answer calls from the wheel, and if so, what command/buttons should he push? To pick up or hang up a call he must use the phone pick up and hang up buttons. If not present on the steering wheel... then must use the ones on the PCM.
8) When in conference call, he sometimes needs to mute – is there a fast and easy way to do so? Thus far nothing is obvious and too many menu commands to do it while on the road on the PCM To mute quickly it has to be done using the phone itself since the PCM keypad is locked. This keypad lock is locked by the PCM. The GW500 has nothing to do with this and is not capable to unlock this.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 PM
laxman1100
Intermediate

Thanks Eric! I appreciate the follow up. It's weird the mute button on the steering wheel doesn't work...seems like an easy one to figure out.

I don't know why bluetooth audio controls aren't working...I'll play around with it more.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:39 AM
laxman1100
Intermediate

I still can't skip tracks when I'm playing through bluetooth audio. I've been through all the menus, is this something that isn't enabled or am I doing something wrong? Please help!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
gurchsingh
1st Gear

Default Dension Microphone issue

Hi,

I have a Dension 500 with BT1500 installed to my porsche Cayenne with CD changer. Everything seems to work well apart from the micrphone for the BT1500, as soon as I plug this into the BT1500 the whole system stops responding and it is like the dension has lost sync with the PCM

Has anyone had this issue before??

Quick Reply: Just installed Dension GW 500 + BT1500