Sponsored by:

Autolock car when parked?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Rawhide
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autolock car when parked?

Hi guys, I have a 04 Cayenne S and we live in a high crime area of London. As it's a family car we often forgot to lock it when parked. I have had other cars where after mins the car locks. I have phoned two dealers to ask if it's possible but neither are sure and want the car for an hour to investigate...

I'd rather not pay only to find it's not possible.

I am aware of the risks of being locked out
Old 06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawhide
Hi guys, I have a 04 Cayenne S and we live in a high crime area of London. As it's a family car we often forgot to lock it when parked. I have had other cars where after mins the car locks. I have phoned two dealers to ask if it's possible but neither are sure and want the car for an hour to investigate...

I'd rather not pay only to find it's not possible.

I am aware of the risks of being locked out
If it is not in the multifunction display, I would say no. Unless it is some hidden feature only the factory knows about. You could turn on the auto lock function when driving, then shut off the auto unlock for when stopped, that may make you more aware of it. Of course everyone tries to snap the handles off when you pull over since the door doesn't open on the first pull. The only auto lock I know of is if you unlock the doors, dont touch anything, walk away and it will lock again.

What I usually do is when the last person is still getting out and the door is open, press the lock button, nothing will happen. Once that last door is closed, all the doors will lock. Of course then they get pissed at you (not drunk) since they wanted something in the back too and can't open the door. Far as I know that works for minutes.

Quick Reply: Autolock car when parked?