Trunk Latch - need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 07:48 PM
stevertr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk Latch - need some help

Hey all,

Not sure what to even call this part, so maybe we can start there and then figure out how to fix it.

When you go to open the trunk (04 CTT) you reach underneath and pull up on the rubber thingie that covers the latch mechanism. Mine is broken.

Last week, I went to open the trunk and the rubber thingie felt like it had become disengaged somehow internally. I took off the rubber part, and inside there's the latch mechanism itself, that appears to be connected right and left by a rod. That rod broke, and now the latch mechanism is just sort of hanging in there so I can't open the trunk.

It looks like the whole mechanism sits in a manner such that I may be able to pry it out, and then it must slide into the hole. Not sure if it's a simple electrical connection in there or something mechanical.

Hope that was enough of an explanation to get a part name/number and find out if it's a DIY job.

Thanks!

Steve
Old 06-01-2010, 02:56 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sometimes the circuit just goes out, then you manually fiddle with the part to open the rear hatch but end up breaking it in the process.........be careful thats what happened to me!!!

Quick Reply: Trunk Latch - need some help