Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ok, critique my build: S, sand white, 14 way seats in black/titanium blue, Premium plus pack, PVT, Burm, pano roof, 20" sport edition wheels, Burm, XM. MSRP 93k.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Steelers6
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really like the color combination-hadn't considered it. Given our exchanges on another forum re the panoramic sunroof, do you need the 4 zone climate control for your dogs? I know at one point you were considering the air suspension as well for them.

I changed my order from the meteor and black to the dark metallic blue with espresso/cognac. Tired of the classic colors...but not ready for yellow.

Now for the real question: is your FINAL answer this or are you still trying it on for size? You love the process, have you completed the quest?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:36 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Steelers6
Really like the color combination-hadn't considered it. Given our exchanges on another forum re the panoramic sunroof, do you need the 4 zone climate control for your dogs? I know at one point you were considering the air suspension as well for them.

I changed my order from the meteor and black to the dark metallic blue with espresso/cognac. Tired of the classic colors...but not ready for yellow.

Now for the real question: is your FINAL answer this or are you still trying it on for size? You love the process, have you completed the quest?
This is it! I am going to place the order this weekend!!! I'll probably tweak it a little bit more before it goes in. I found out that air suspension doesn't lower that much and they are going to need a ramp, anyway. I like your colors, I think the combo is a winner!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Steelers6
Rennlist Member

Congratulations! What will you do with all your free time now? (spend more time driving the cab)

What build date are they are giving you? I may see you there Saturday as I am going in to listen to the Burmester. I have another week until build goes final.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:10 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Jen
Old 08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
keresks7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rome
I don't have air suspension on my '06 S and I didn't order it one my '11.

Nice option, especially if you need to tow or will use off road, but steel springs are fine. car handles great. Decided to put the $$ into other options..specifically, full leather...

As an FYI, here's what my build looks like (very similar to my current one, but w/pano roof, black out package and heated windscreen):

* Cayenne S
* Jet Black Metalic
* Black Full Leather
* 8 way power seats
* '19 design II wheel
* Painted center caps
* PCM
* NAV
* Bose
* XM SAT radio
* Voice control
* Panoroof
* Multi-function steering wheel in leather (heated)
* Heated Seats
* Crest in Headrests (front and rear)
* Auto dimming mirror
* TPMS
* Xenons
* Heated Windscreen
* Ext package in high gloss black
* Roof rails (black) and roof transport system
what made u choose the * Heated Windscreen, and what is TPMS?
Old 08-12-2010, 06:49 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DRJMK
ok, critique my build: S, sand white, 14 way seats in black/titanium blue, Premium plus pack, PVT, Burm, pano roof, 20" sport edition wheels, Burm, XM. MSRP 93k.
Congrats, but in IMO 93K (which means $30k in options) seems like an awful lot of paper to pay for an 'S' unless money is no object, and if that's the case, then why not get the turbo? (It's at least $10K more than any other 'S' I've seen or heard of).

Put another way-- $9k more gets you the turbo...and after 3-4 years the turbo will be worth more than an S so the actual difference is cost is probably negligible.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:51 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by keresks7
what made u choose the * Heated Windscreen, and what is TPMS?
Heated windscreen means the front windshield has a heating element which melts the snow.

TPMS is tire pressure monitoring system.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:08 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rome
Congrats, but in IMO 93K (which means $30k in options) seems like an awful lot of paper to pay for an 'S' unless money is no object, and if that's the case, then why not get the turbo? (It's at least $10K more than any other 'S' I've seen or heard of).

Put another way-- $9k more gets you the turbo...and after 3-4 years the turbo will be worth more than an S so the actual difference is cost is probably negligible.
I did build out the turbo with similar options for 119. I'll go back and double check. I know that is an awful lot of money....I do agree.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Steelers6
Congratulations! What will you do with all your free time now? (spend more time driving the cab)

What build date are they are giving you? I may see you there Saturday as I am going in to listen to the Burmester. I have another week until build goes final.
Until I trade it! I may not order from them. Not sure who gets my money yet.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My S came in around 90k when all was said and done. Still at least 20k less than the turbo equipped the way I have it. It's really more about ordering the car/truck the way you want it. If I didn't have the 993TT, I'd be compelled to move up to the Turbo. Either way it's an enjoyable extravagance.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne S