Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Newbie, I have a Question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:09 AM
sabeo.m
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cayenne Newbie, I have a Question?

Hello, I just purchased a 2004 Cayenne S. I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce my self. I also own a 1980 SC which I restored, She's under the cover in the garage. Any how, wanted to share a few pictures of my new Cayenne S, which I love more and more as each day passes. I have one question hopefully you guy's can help me with...
1. My tiptronic rockers on the steering wheel are not working, can this be a simple fix, i.e., a fuse or a relay?
2. I noticed that when I place the car in (D) drive, on the display it shows that it is in (D2) not (D1) is this normal for the Cayenne to start in 2nd gear or am I missing something? It does the same when I switch over to Manual, the display shows (M2) not (M1) but, I can down shift and it goes into (M1). It doesn't do it on its own. Thanks in advance!

Sabeo.m
Attached Images    
Old 05-18-2010, 12:21 AM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

When it is cold it will start in D1, with engine warmed up, maybe even warm ambient temp it will start in D2, but that I am probably making up. If car was driven by a person who drives easy, the tranny will learn to please that person and swich gears faster. It made a difference in my 05 when I had the dealer reset the tiptronic module back to default and clear all the "learning"

You can get a durametric cable and see if you have the latest tranny software. Or ask your nice pcar dealer, or email suncoast automotive in Florida with their form that will tell you all the recalls and updates that have been done on the car.

For some reason fried module for the tipronic rings a bell. Could be something in the airbag/buttons harness, you have to replace the airbag to get new buttons, so that is pricey.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:29 AM
sabeo.m
Rennlist Member

Thanks Touareg, makes sense. Let's see what the service center has to say.

sabeo.m
Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 PM
sabeo.m
Rennlist Member

Quick update: Service center reset the Tiptronic switch's, they work perfectly now.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Newbie, I have a Question?