Sponsored by:

Cayenne Reliability - Potential New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Lathorio
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Reliability - Potential New Owner

Hey folks, I am currently looking to pickup an 08 Cayenne S with all of the off road accoutrements such as PDCC and air suspension, etc. The off road kit, so far as I can tell, involves only skid plates which aren't quite so useful to me, as I am in the desert.

I have done quite a bit of reading and researching of this model over the past few days, and it seems that these cars may not be the most reliable but at the same time are not exactly known for leaving their owners stranded. I'm more concerned with outright system failures than I am minor annoyances.

Do any options stick out as being particularly less reliable, are there any known problems which I should look out for?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:05 AM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't seen too many complaints of 08+ on here. I believe some have had issues with the PDCC (wasn't this which drove Dutch away so quickly from love at first sight?!).

As with any P!g, find one with the options you want as opposed to adding them later. Things like ipod, b/t, trailer hitch, are expensive to add later (not to mention somewhat time consuming).
Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 AM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

I have a '06 CTT, seems be perfect in everyway, no issues and I have 50k miles on her

Quick Reply: Cayenne Reliability - Potential New Owner