Sponsored by:

Sticky hands

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Sticky hands

Anyone have to lube their handles? My passenger door seems to catch on something part way and feels like I have to break it to open. Without removing the handle, I see no way to get some grease in there.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:26 PM
nelsonmx
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue with my 04 CS.....Mostly the drivers door as it gets the most use. I have tried spraying some graphite on the handle mechanism and slide.It does help for a little while. I'm looking for a more permanent solution......
Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 AM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by nelsonmx
I have the same issue with my 04 CS.....Mostly the drivers door as it gets the most use. I have tried spraying some graphite on the handle mechanism and slide.It does help for a little while. I'm looking for a more permanent solution......
So I got some of that compressed sub-zero surviving silicone grease, and sprayed it in the handle were it moves, in the latch area where it meets the door, and pulled off the little cover in the inside of the door trim that has a little lock.

Didn't seem to do anything at first, but I think the stuff oozed it's way into whatever was sticking, because 2 days later the handles where 95% better.

Was careful not to spray too much white stuff all over the place as i didn't want to get it on the window tracks and make a mess on the window every time it went up and down.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:56 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the same issue.......and it was after I had a car take off my entire right side......and it was replace with new parts........now I did spray wd 40 in there....

Dont tell me I just put acid in there that is slowing eating away at it.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by cordsig79
I have the same issue.......and it was after I had a car take off my entire right side......and it was replace with new parts........now I did spray wd 40 in there....

Dont tell me I just put acid in there that is slowing eating away at it.
Well WD40 doesn't stick to parts and evaporates after some time as well as runs off. It is more of a solvent. The real reason I don't use it is because it is highly flammable, you get a spark in there from something electronic and your truck will look like my avatar
Old 06-02-2010, 05:08 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

cool.........easy way to start beta testing another new truck

Quick Reply: Sticky hands