Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here going to drive their Cayenne to the ground?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 03:57 PM
jplumlee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couldn't agree more...

I got lambasted a while back just for speaking my mind about the malcontents... Sometimes I feel like telling (some) of them to "just sell the damn thing and quit the constant b***hing"

We've all had cars that in retrospect, we wish we'd never purchased. Regardless of the price. I however LOVE MY CAYENNE S. I love the way it looks, the way it drives, the compliments it gets, AND the fact that I smile every single time I get in it and out of it. It's easily the coolest vehicle in it's class. And when it's time to trade up (I have young children and need the room) I will more than likely buy another Cayenne and most likely the turbo.

IMHO There is NOTHING on the market that really compares with these vehicles.

( However, I really do like this place, I even donated $$$, sometimes I just wish there wasn't so much negativity)

Originally Posted by Cole
So I have spent the last two years researching Cayennes. I have read literally every post on every forum written in English. I have talked to the techs at Stevenson Porsche, Prestige Porsche and 3zero3 Motorsports here in Denver.

Rennlist is the most negative whiniest group of Cayenne owners on the net. There seem to be about 5 guys here that can't say a anything but negative and just keep perpetuating the same old junk over and over and over.

That is why I figured I would ask the owner with 187,000+ miles what his experience has been. Not the guy that had random bad luck with 36k. That stuff happens with EVERY car every made. These are mechanical devices. Not magical beings. Of course they will have some issues. Suck it up and deal with them.

I've owned several Porsches, Audis, Triumphs and other highly modified cars. I honestly laugh at the complaints I see here about these things. Most of the negative seems to come from people that have no idea what a truly unreliable car is.

Of course there is always going to be some guy on a forum that has had more than his share of problems. Lemons do exist. As a whole though the Cayennes seem to have a relatively decent track record.

Last edited by jplumlee; 05-09-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:04 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If things were really as bad as you make it sound why is it only the same 5-ish guys talking about the same 5-ish problems?
I would be interested in the 5-ish members identities that you have mentioned in 2 posts in this thread....perhaps you could PM them to me?
Thanks.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:56 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're right. It's not worth it for you to say more.

You guys have your own negative little click here. If things were really as bad as you make it sound why is it only the same 5-ish guys talking about the same 5-ish problems? Why not hundreds of posters with dozens of issues like in other car forums?

It is the action of the few negative people here that are really killing the Cayenne section on Rennlist.
Cole, buy the Cayenne already. It can't possible take that long to find one. And what's keeping you here on this section of Rennlist, anyway? Almost looks like you can't get enough of that "whiniest group"

OP, I will be closing in on 109k on my '05 CS bought brand new (mentioned specifically to irk Cole, since he seems to have some kind of beef with those who buy brand new, but I digress), once I'm back from overseas
Old 05-09-2010, 05:57 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I would be interested in the 5-ish members identities that you have mentioned in 2 posts in this thread....perhaps you could PM them to me?
Thanks.
Please don't ban me. I'm addicted to RL OT
Old 05-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Clutch-n-Throttle
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Thanks.
Dude. You're too much.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Pops,
I could never ban you...you're the only person who can make an A506 Cowboy Belt Buckle look good
Old 05-09-2010, 06:07 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Thank you. I think one of those is what was missing from my Brezhnev avatar
Old 05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Thank you. I think one of those is what was missing from my Brezhnev avatar
No, no, lets not go back there....
Old 05-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cole, buy the Cayenne already. It can't possible take that long to find one.

I sold my Jeep about a month ago to start the actual buying process. Trying to find the right combination of options for the right price has proven to be tricky. I have made a few offers but have not found the right deal yet.

The CTT will be a 5th vehicle in the garage at this point. So no hurry to not find what I want.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:14 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Pops,
I could never ban you...you're the only person who can make an A506 Cowboy Belt Buckle look good
Amen to that and not to mention the lipstick on the... oh never mind.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:37 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay fair enough, I don't want to be debbie downer...how's this: If my Cayenne (also referred to as my P!g) can go four more months (making for a total of 6 months) without an "unscheduled" dealer visit I will do the following:
- No longer refer to the Cayenne as "P!g" (until the next time it breaks)
- Change my avatar to something friendlier/pro-Cayenne like a picture of it
- Create a thread titled "Cayenne Chili Pepper is the greatest SUV on the planet!!!"

For now, I'll assume the new engine's oil use is "normal" and the rest of the little naggling glitches I had last month were battery related. So essentially it's been "good" for two months.

And btw, I think you meant 4-ish members. To my knowledge, ltc never owned a Cayenne. But I did find a picture of a grey one in his driveway when searching some of the old "trailer hitch" threads. I'm sure it was someone elses.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had an Audi like this once. I sold it. I don't post on the Audi forums anymore.

Still love Audis. That one was just a lemon.

Originally Posted by wirunner
Okay fair enough, I don't want to be debbie downer...how's this: If my Cayenne (also referred to as my P!g) can go four more months (making for a total of 6 months) without an "unscheduled" dealer visit I will do the following:
- Create a thread titled "Cayenne Chili Pepper is the greatest SUV on the planet!!!"

For now, I'll assume the new engine's oil use is "normal" and the rest of the little naggling glitches I had last month were battery related. So essentially it's been "good" for two months.

And btw, I think you meant 4-ish members. To my knowledge, ltc never owned a Cayenne. But I did find a picture of a grey one in his driveway when searching some of the old "trailer hitch" threads. I'm sure it was someone elses.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:44 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

... To my knowledge, ltc never owned a Cayenne. But I did find a picture of a grey one in his driveway when searching some of the old "trailer hitch" threads. I'm sure it was someone elses.
Ummmm... I think that was Larry's.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think one of those is what was missing from my Brezhnev avatar
Originally Posted by ltc
No, no, lets not go back there....
Best avatar for Pops would be a self-portrait!

While the negativity on this forum can be a bit of a downer at times, I still learn useful things and usually it is very entertaining. Anyway, with 78K miles on the 04 Pepper S, I'm still loving it!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:08 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

You're not being a Debbie Downer. No one on this forum ever says anything negative about the performance and/or looks of their P!Gs. This is the main thing that this group of 5-ish members fails to see. If people, especially those who buy brand new, are not too thrilled when their vehicle starts spending way too much time at the dealer (and PARDON ME, Cole, if some/many of us don't work on our cars ourselves. That's most likely because we buy cars to be ...... "elitists and not enthusiasts" ) and then come here to share every problem, dealer visit/experience known to Cayenne-kind, that's not negativity, that's doing someone who's looking to buy a friggin' favor.

Originally Posted by Renn 951
Best avatar for Pops would be a self-portrait!
I did have my self-portrait as an avatar once. It wasn't too popular with the masses. Ask Craig why he's banging his head over there

Craig, was it too much lipstick?

Quick Reply: Anyone here going to drive their Cayenne to the ground?