Sponsored by:

waiting for the NEXT episode

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:12 PM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default waiting for the NEXT episode

Tune in next week to the Cayenne Show and see what fails next!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SCOTITUDE; 04-29-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,523 Likes on 955 Posts

With the Cayenne, it's a surprise... you can maybe think about coolant pipes, but other than that, you really don't know. It's a totally different way of thinking compared to 996 ownership, where you are waiting for the day when your IMS has a catastrophic failure and you need a new engine from Porsche that runs roughly $17K. With the Cayenne, it's a mystery!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:11 PM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

i've been thru every issue discussed here so far save the ..... dare i say it..... ok ill tempt fate, (whispering) the scored cylinder issue. I've spent too much time and too much money on my p!g. More pissed about the time than the $. I spend less time on the track car which gets ridden hard and put away wet. I wouldn't bitch so much if that was the same case with the p!g but its a daily driver for the wife and she drives like a nun.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 AM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Would you go through the Cayenne ownership ordeal again if you had the chance?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:45 AM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

no, and seeing what was on the stand at the auto show I am definitely not in the market for a new one. The biggest issue was that it was always something. If it wasnt more coils it was brakes or tires, or yadda yadda yadda. it always seems my "customer' had another issue every month. Not saying it was falling apart or a bad unit. It just had the regular issues that everyone else had and in my opinion its too many. Even if it was under warranty thus nullifying the money factor, it would still be wasting my time visiting the dealer. Just too much Cayenne wrenching in my face all the time. Never did this much fixin on my "real" trucks. All in all if I had to evaluate my 4 years with the p!g it just boils down to plain ole too much trouble for what it is. I cant even say its just a VW thing, had an 03 Jetta, i never saw my dealer in the 4 years wifey drove it. So no, I wouldnt do it again. Keeping the p!g as the wife likes it and I'll keep fixin it. If I change out enuf parts it'll be like a whole new p!g.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:27 PM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I've also had all the issues at 70,000 miles and had them all fixed via the CPO warranty.
Warranty expires in 2012 at which point she will be 9 years old and will evaluate the fate of my pig ownership.
Still get a high though from driving my pepper when all is working as advertised.
Definitely a bitter sweet experience with the Cayenne.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:05 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

106K miles. Coils replaced under warranty at 50K. Naked after that and basically no issues to speak of.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

I have 101K on my Cayenne S with Mods.. NEVER had anything go wrong except a water pump!!

This has been the most reliable vehicle in my household
Old 04-23-2010, 11:26 AM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

humorous.
I have a family member with a bmw x5 that has pretty much exploded since day after the warranty ended and a neighboor with a volvo xc90 that spends more time at the dealer than any cayenne I've read about on this forum.
I used to tell people that ask to just buy a toyota for trouble free daily driving.
guess its just a crapshoot.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by k722070
humorous.
I have a family member with a bmw x5 that has pretty much exploded since day after the warranty ended and a neighboor with a volvo xc90 that spends more time at the dealer than any cayenne I've read about on this forum.
I used to tell people that ask to just buy a toyota for trouble free daily driving.
guess its just a crapshoot.

I have been reading these forums for the last couple of years waiting for the prices to drop to a more reasonable level. I have seen MUCH MUCH worse problems and annoyances with other vehicles I have researched.

I have seen some legitimate complaints on here but mostly it seems like a bunch of whining about minor inconveniences. Really seems focused on the Rennlist site too. Go read other Cayenne forums and you really don't see as many complaints about things like coils, brakes, tires. Which is really just maintenance of a performance vehicle.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,523 Likes on 955 Posts

I wouldn't really call it whining... this is a problem solving forum (ususally), and so people post when they have problems. I'm sure there are plenty of people who drive their Cayennes every day without issues.

Our Cayenne has had a few minor issues here and there, but overall has been very reliable.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You want a car that can grate at your soul on repairs....buy a B5 S4 Audi.

We had the motor out so many times to fix stuff that we decided to due a bunch of powder coating and make posters.

Quick Reply: waiting for the NEXT episode