Sponsored by:

M112 Eaton on the V8 CS 955 ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:12 AM
stealthTT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M112 Eaton on the V8 CS 955 ?

there is a performance shop close to me that are building high hp drag cars. they are a pro shop, doing 1000+ whp cars, tubular chassis, skilled on designing parts and doing them on the CNC machine, TIG/VIG and MIG/MAG weldings, stand alone, custom everything, you name it.
So,they suggest me that I should try a M112 Eaton on my 955 CS.
I was thinking about modding the Pepper for some time, but cost wise was like getting a Turbo, or lets say it was better buying a Turbo instead doing what has never been done before, putting a blower into the car.
Now, it seems that I can get it done cheaper than I thought, and it started to ring a bell for me. They had the blower laying arround a M112 Eaton like the Mustang SVT has. It belongs to a customer that got it but went directly Turbo, so they got no use for it. They suggested also a water methanol injection, a water cooled intercooler, and low psi, like 6-8psi. The CS engine is strong enough imo and can handle that amount of boost.
I dont have any experience with blowers at all, but I love the sound that this it makes and also from the performance side is also great as I love the NA feeling. I'm not thinking of racing it or something like that, just to make it a little faster and to get that wicked sound, guess it will be a blast to drive.The car has 60k miles, on everything - oil change every 6-7k miles.

what do you think?
does it worth to try doing that considering that is a DD, or it will be a pain in the ***? I dont want to repair it on the side of the road, I still want to put long trips without problems.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:12 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

I think it is interesting. Not sure if a supercharger has never been installed in a CS, but you never know. No question that the engine can take it. If you have a connection that has one available, then I say go for it.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:37 AM
stealthTT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

afaik, the only SC that I've seen was the one from VF enginering. they wanted to create an sc kit for the V8 platform, but finally they dropped that idea. It would have been great to have it, because the same setup could have been used, a little different maybe, but from the arhitectural side the same for both old and newer engines, 4.5 & 4.8, S and GTS.

the only thing that keeps me away from it, is the question: how reliable those SC are?
are other alternatives(producers) better? and how it will handle the added power to the transmision?
besides performance like turbo vs SC, are there any pros for the SC?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I say go for it!

I've been thinking about the same thing myself, just don't have the funds to do it.

Quick Reply: M112 Eaton on the V8 CS 955 ?