Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Twist wheels wanted

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010 | 09:14 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Anyway, I just discover that the OEM 20" Technos are "made in Italy" ! (see topic on that one).
So, if you see an Italian brand claiming that he is the OEM supplier, this may be well the truth !!!!

They are 9x20 in the front and 10x20 in the rear.
(Do no try to put the 9" in the rear, ..I understand from a service person at Rector Porsche, that you will hit the brake caliper !)

OEM came with 275x40 tires for all the 4 (Diamaris in my case).
From another topic here, I now fully convinced that this is a mistake. Rear walls are quite inclined with 275x40 on 10" rims !
I went now for 315X35 in the rear (and kept 275x40 in the front).
(The circumference is the same, the central diff. remain happy.
Btw, I understand that if you have more than 5% wheel rpm difference, you get a serious PCM warning display, as the ABS controler is checking this issue !!)

For the tires, I use now my second set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (design by Giugiaro), they looks nice, they have a better feeling than the Michelin Diamaris (Diamaris lasted 20k miles and were completely done particularly the inside !!) when the Vredestein were still fine after 23'000 miles.
The road noise is also less with the Vredestein.
..and last but not the least, they are less expensive !

My first set of Vredestein where four 275x40, now, I have the staggered config.
(A photo of the Vredestein 315 on the rear 10" Techno is posted on the neighbor topic.)
Old 02-16-2010 | 10:44 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Just put on a set of 20" Michelin Latitude Tour HPs on Friday. Had to replace one today because of a huge nail. Other than that, this is my second set and no complaints.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Twist wheels wanted