Please HELP! Have Question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:14 PM
teetee
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please HELP! Have Question!

Hello,

I have cayenne v6 2006 with standard Becker audio CD player without BOSE speakers.

Now I have bought used PCM module and now I have some questions:

1) Is it possible to connect to my car with the same wires as for Becker audio system? (I need just screen showing, radio and CD player);
2) Do I need additional fuses into dashboard for PCM module?

I think these are really hard questions because Cayennes with Becker audio are very rare but I just need to know do I have change all wiring and have other problems to install it?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IIRC, you can follow the Tequipment PCM installation instructions, which should answer your questions.
You might be able to get your dealer to print out the instructions for you.

I don't recall ever seeing a PCM without the Bose option...this should be interesting.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
teetee
5th Gear

Question

I think that speakers wont change anything. I saw some videos in YOutube and some cables are the same. I 100% sure that optical cable and antenna fit for PCM. The question is about power, mini iso and iso cables!

Anyone can add something???
Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM
porsche52
Board Certified Porsche Trauma Surgeon
Cayenne Grief Counselor
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I looks like it is possible. With a CDR 23 and no Bose the CDR23 powers the speakers via connector "B" it has 8 wires. Looking at the Technical Information bullitin for retrofitting PCM2.1 to 05 and 06 cayenne with CDR 23. This kit includes the DVD navigation drive unit (under passenger seat) and fiber optic ring from PCM to NAV to CD changer preperation or if equipped CD changer and Bose amp. If you don't have a CD changer and do not wish to have Navi, then I think all you would have to do is install the PCM unit and in theory it should work. Your car should be prepped for a CD changer from the factory. So you will have a fiber optic connector at the back of your radio but it is not in use. If you open the passenger side compartment lid in the rear cargo area you will see the fiber optic cable and connector just sitting there. If the PCM required BOSE to work, then I would think they (porsche) would have spelled that out in bold words on this bullitin.

Question... What is the Part # of the PCM you have?
The one on this bullitin is 955.642.210.00

Bad picture, but under the yellow and blue connectors is plug "B". In this picture is not in use because this car had BOSE. On your car you will plug in connector "B". Hope this helps
Attached Images  

Last edited by porsche52; 01-20-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:01 AM
teetee
5th Gear

THANKS!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:03 AM
teetee
5th Gear

My CDR audio has the same wires like pcm 1 and pcm 2. The only difference is that pcm's have additional antenna port and video in port, all other sockets are the same.

Quick Reply: Please HELP! Have Question!