Sponsored by:

trailer light & brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:56 PM
strudel
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trailer light & brake issues

I'm having a few problems with the trailer lights (all led's). With the trailer plugged in and the car lights off, the trailer brake lights will flash about every minute at what seems like half intensity. When I turn the car lights on it stops. The brake lights work fine when you press the brake pedal, and the rest of the running lights work fine. I also get a "check trailer lights" on the dash display.

The other issue is when I plug in the Prodigy, the brake voltage readout fluctuates between 0-2. When I step on the brakes it reads a steady number.

I wired the plug per a diagram I found here.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
thanks.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Strudel,

You *may* want to search this forum for some answers. I believe you will find the answer to your questions. Make sure you search far back into the past.

BTW, watch out for the squirrels here..... They tend to have a rather sarcastic bite!

Toby

Oh, and don't tweak the tiger (AKA "Larry"). He has been known to come back to life from time to time!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:28 AM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the search button is your friend.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:35 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by strudel
I'm having a few problems with the trailer lights (all led's). With the trailer plugged in and the car lights off, the trailer brake lights will flash about every minute at what seems like half intensity. When I turn the car lights on it stops. The brake lights work fine when you press the brake pedal, and the rest of the running lights work fine. I also get a "check trailer lights" on the dash display.
Hmmn,

It would appear as though you have somehow obtained copies of the sealed legal documents from Larry's estate....the file was probably labeled "Larry vs PCNA" or "Yes, tell me again how you will never, under any circumstances, buy back this Cayenne, for a "!" Check Trailer Light".

If that it the case, then I will be more than happy to answer your questions via PM.

If that is NOT the case, and someone has put you up to this, then I'm afraid I will have no alternative but to unleash the squirrels and then bestow upon you a lifetime ban, sans nuts

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go have a talk with Larry's widow...
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Quick Reply: trailer light & brake issues