sport techno 20"

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:11 PM
fredjchavez
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sport techno 20"

Hello,

Can someone comment on the factory wheel finish on the wheels for a cayenne s titanium?

Are the wheels finished in silver paint (1 color)?

Or, are they painted silver and inside parts trimmed with the titanium trim color (2 colors)?

My recent purchase came from LA so I am guessing that the original owner added the titanium trim color to the inside portion of the wheels...Thanks.

Last edited by fredjchavez; 11-29-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

The Sport Techno 20's on my 2009 Cayanne are all silver in color. There is also an option to have the indise and 1 side of the blade on the wheel painted black.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
pcst
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Titanium edition (model year 2006) w/ 20" sport techno option came out with the silver finish w/ the titanium shade inside blade areas.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:27 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes, I can confirm too, (I have one), that the Titanium Edition (model year 2006) w/ 20" sport techno option came out with the silver finish w/ the titanium shade inside blade areas.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

the only painted sport technos from factory are for the 06 turbo S..

havent seen a **** ed painted...
Old 12-07-2009, 04:08 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, I have an original 06 CS Titanium Edition, bought brand new, with window sticker, and received original certificate of authenticity, both mentionning the wheels. The exact name on certificate is : "20" Cayenne Sport Techno Wheel", ..and the Sport Technos are painted (inside of the "blades") the same color as all the "chromes" of the car are, ..i.e.: Titanium gray !
By the way, I have recently seen at a Porsche dealer (Rector, in Burlingame) Black Techno Wheels, ..sold as OEM accessories !
I know they are different, as I have a 5th wheel, with a spare tire, that is sometime in my garage, and sometime in the "trunk", ..and this one is a standard "light gray" colored one!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:29 AM
HD2pct
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
Well, I have an original 06 CS Titanium Edition, bought brand new, with window sticker, and received original certificate of authenticity, both mentionning the wheels. The exact name on certificate is : "20" Cayenne Sport Techno Wheel", ..and the Sport Technos are painted (inside of the "blades") the same color as all the "chromes" of the car are, ..i.e.: Titanium gray !
By the way, I have recently seen at a Porsche dealer (Rector, in Burlingame) Black Techno Wheels, ..sold as OEM accessories !
I know they are different, as I have a 5th wheel, with a spare tire, that is sometime in my garage, and sometime in the "trunk", ..and this one is a standard "light gray" colored one!
I bought black Techno design for my winter set, and they really do look great on the Titanium color paint on the CS. Actually they tie in nicely because of the other lower black pieces (rocker panel, etc) on that model year vehicle. They DO look sort of sinister and that possibly the driver has some sort of "attitude", which has plusses and minuses.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:25 PM
fredjchavez
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting...anyone with the titanium paint on the insides of the wheels have peeling problems? my dealer told me that my wheels had been painted and that the warrantee does not cover this...

now what to do?

any chance of any other Ti owners showing pictures of their 20" Techno wheels?

GVA-SFO, any chance of a scan of your cert of authenticity as I do not know how these look...

Quick Reply: sport techno 20"