Sponsored by:

Tire chains

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an extra set of 18" wheels with Pirelli Scorpion M+S. (wheels (painted black) and tires are in pristine like new condition, and include center caps).

If somebody wants to "pick them up" in the Bay Area..send me a PM with an offer.

To be fair, I will deal with the PMs in the order received.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:50 PM
geoff w
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the great responses and offers. My tires aren't down to the wear bars yet, and I expect they will still be legal by the time I go up to Tahoe around December 20. Although dedicated snow tires sound nice, my wife won't let me put any more car items in the garage, and I am trying to not make a habit of going to cold places.

America's Tire had located 3 of the 4 tires I ordered (N-rated Michelin Latitude Tour HP, M+S version), and the manager expects to find more. I told them I was in no hurry when I ordered them, and mid-December was fine. They know when I'm going, and I'm sure they will work something out for me. Even if I don't get new tires before going up to Tahoe I think we'll be fine, as I'm not planning any offroad adventures and the roads there are supposed to be plowed pretty well. The America's Tire/Discount Tire web site is still showing these tires as available within a few days, so I'm not starting to worry yet.

If the roads are bad, we will be the only ones in the family who could make it there, since everyone else will be in cars or vans. It would be a very quiet holiday without everyone else.

I ordered the SCC Super Z6 cable chains from Amazon this morning. If anyone is interested, Amazon has a free shipping promo on chains right now. With their Amazon Prime 30 day free trial, I ended up with free 2 day shipping. My order has already shipped and is expected here in 2 days!

Quick Reply: Tire chains