Must have accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:50 PM
morewaves
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must have accessories?

Hi Everyone -

Just got an '09 Cayenne. Does anyone have any suggestions for accessories?

I ordered a gorilla gear cargo mat and also installed a backup camera this past weekend with the help of a friend.

Are there any other recommendations for accessories you would recommend for the Cayenne?

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Depends what you are using your truck for? I added the Transport system racks for the surfboard, a trailer hitch for the bikes, integrated bluetooth because I'm ****, the metal front skid because I'm going off-road through brush, Porsche rubber mats because I have messy kids, and 18" wheels because I'm going offroad and am paranoid about bending a 21" wheel during my commute through SF.

My truck is leased, which means I'm an idiot (wife points this out daily). and will be posting all of the above for sale, with the exception of the Bluetooth, in 2.5 years
Old 10-29-2009, 02:40 PM
morewaves
AutoX

Great suggestions - thanks! The rubber mats sound like a good idea for the winter.

I'll mostly use it to go around town. After making the original post last night, I found the renntech.org DIY forum and got some additional ideas too - like the clear side marker lights and maybe the thicker steering wheel. I may need to set aside a bigger budget for this area
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 PM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bluetooth for my phone. It keeps my hands on the steering wheel.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:05 AM
DUTCH Vanatlanta

Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by morewaves
Great suggestions - thanks! The rubber mats sound like a good idea for the winter.
Cocomats (cocomats.com) are a lot nicer and MUCH more functional.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:43 AM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I put in mobridge sirius bluetooth, rear backup camera, thicker steering wheel (which is great).
extra 18" factory wheels with snows .... 1200 a suncoast porsche including center caps and snow tires wow!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:11 PM
cfernandz
1st Gear

I just picked up my 09 Cayenne from the dealer where I had them install an Ipod adapter. I have to say, it is awesome! Total interaction through the PCM and steering wheel controls. My third generation Ipod charges on this unit and everything is out of sight in the center console. Even has an additional auxiliary plug. I previously had an Ipod adapter installed on a 06 BMW, and it ended up being a huge disappointment. I highly recommend this upgrade. Cost for unit was $395.00 + 2 hrs of labor.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:25 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Porsche sells a plug in cooler that fits in the back....amazing how useful it is on the road with kids
PM me if you want winter tires/wheels (selling for cheap)

Quick Reply: Must have accessories?