Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Popping Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009 | 04:10 PM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Question Popping Noise

Noticed that when car is cold when coming to a stop I hear a pop, more like an air gun sound coming from the front passenger side. Seeing as it is an intermittent problem and it does not make the sound at the dealer I figured I'd ask if anyone had a similar problem?
I was thinking a releas from the air suspension or something?
Old 10-28-2009 | 04:14 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

The only time I've ever heard that is when I had a car load of heavy guys (fishing trip) and we all got out at the same time at a diner for breakfast. The car made a similar noise. In this case, the engine was off. This has only happened once.
Old 10-28-2009 | 05:29 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dennis C
The only time I've ever heard that is when I had a car load of heavy guys (fishing trip) and we all got out at the same time at a diner for breakfast. The car made a similar noise. In this case, the engine was off. This has only happened once.
Sure it was the car making noise?
Old 10-28-2009 | 05:31 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by Idocdes
Noticed that when car is cold when coming to a stop I hear a pop, more like an air gun sound coming from the front passenger side. Seeing as it is an intermittent problem and it does not make the sound at the dealer I figured I'd ask if anyone had a similar problem?
I have a popping sound from the front passenger side when I make sharp right hand turns onto uneven surfaces. Mine sounds a little hitting the bottom of two empty plastic soda bottles together. Any thoughts there?
Old 10-28-2009 | 06:48 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alsamrob
Sure it was the car making noise?
Good point. The guy closest to the sound was my father, who has been known to make a few noises himself...
Old 10-28-2009 | 08:15 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Idocdes
I think I have read the air compressor for the PASM is located in the front passenger side area. And when a seal goes bad, noises come out of that area. Also have read something about Porsche sells a complete unit for mega $$$ but VW sells a rebuild kit for less. Hope that helps!
Old 10-31-2009 | 10:41 AM
the head
Rennlist Member

The air tube for the air suspension is located at the passenger airbox. It may have come off of the airbox. I hear the noise all the time with the Evoms intake kit, so the frequency is normal. But the fact you can hear it indicates that something is leaking because I never heard it when I had the stock airboxes.

Quick Reply: Popping Noise