Sponsored by:

Coolant pipes A-Z.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 12:23 AM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by rpansing
I bought the kit from ECSTuning.com and it had everything I needed - all the gaskets, etc. Suncoast Porsche sells a kit with genuine Porsche parts. When I started to replace my coolant pipes, I discovered that it already had the plastic pipes replaced with the aluminum parts, My leak was at a large rubber connector hose. I still have the pipes and would be glad to sell them. You would have to buy the rest of the pieces. If you are interested, send me a message.
I "sold" mine to someone on RL. was never paid from what I recall. Not a lot of money but still....
Old 11-01-2021, 07:01 PM
Petunia88$
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool - I may be in touch - I'm in the middle of a move - from Florida to Montana - so everything is a blur - but I will need to buy this kit sooner or later - I'll check back for sure - I am going to attempt to to the mirror/camera check to see if I can identify if the pipes were replaced - my car is a leaking mess - but could be something else - like a large rubber connector hose? Has anyone had luck with the checking with the mirror/camera phone? It seems like a good starting point.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Petunia88$
Intermediate

I am in the same boat - want to check to see if the pipes were changed - just checked this 4 sec video - anyone got a better one?
Old 11-01-2021, 11:38 PM
Petunia88$
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pokerjarvis
I've been down the coolant pipe road as well. Same scenario as most on this forum. In addition to the coolant pipes, I've replaced the ignition coils, the cardan shaft, the battery, the liftgate struts and all brakes in my '04 CS. All that not withstanding, I love my car and am in the process of (trying to) upgrade to an '06 CTTS. The one I'm considering has 35k on it; 2 owners. I'm wondering if there is some way to track the service history?? Can I somehow find out if these issues have been addressed yet or will I be rolling the dice and holding my breath. I asked the dealer; I got a 'vague at best' response. "Everything works, runs great, no known issues" blah, blah, blah. Thoughts??
I'm wondering if there is some way to track the service history?? Can I somehow find out if these issues have been addressed yet or will I be rolling the dice and holding my breath. I asked the dealer; I got a 'vague at best' response. "Everything works, runs great, no known issues" blah, blah, blah. Thoughts??

hi, I was wondering the same thing? does anyone know of a way to track the service history? 04 CS - only have had a few weeks - love it, but getting the history on it is spotty - is there a way to track history on it? probably not, but just checking - thanks!.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:57 PM
MtnDogGeoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

for anyone looking here for info on the turbo tee's, I don't see it mentioned but uro parts makes the lower/larger tee in aluminum for around $25 with the hoses, so you don't have to buy an oem one for the hoses and custom tee and roll your own. I got mine from rockauto but most part supplies seem to have it available.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:00 AM
unclebilly
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an 04 cayenne with a high temp coolant leak (not bad).

I assumed it was the cooling pipes when I bought it… turns out they’ve been done since 2017 based on the date on the plastic tube…

There is a bit of antifreeze in the valley but not a bunch.

Any guesses on the source of the leak? I’m going to see if there is a leak on the connection of the bigger tube.

Porsche coolant pipes but they appear to have a seep.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:14 AM
CayenneOne
Track Day

Location: Some place on Earth they call Florida close to an area where hurricanes play with houses on wheels.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Plastic tubes?

Originally Posted by unclebilly
I just got an 04 cayenne with a high temp coolant leak (not bad).

I assumed it was the cooling pipes when I bought it… turns out they’ve been done since 2017 based on the date on the plastic tube…

There is a bit of antifreeze in the valley but not a bunch.

Any guesses on the source of the leak? I’m going to see if there is a leak on the connection of the bigger tube.

Porsche coolant pipes but they appear to have a seep.
If your coolant pipes are still plastic then someone wanted to unload this quick and cheap because there shouldn't be any plastic after the proper upgrade.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:25 AM
unclebilly
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CayenneOne
If your coolant pipes are still plastic then someone wanted to unload this quick and cheap because there shouldn't be any plastic after the proper upgrade.
Only the vent tube is plastic and has a date. As shown in the pic, the coolant tubes are oem Porsche and are aluminum.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:45 AM
unclebilly
Intermediate

Looks like it’s the hose clamp on the big tube. Drips every 15 seconds under pressure…
Old 07-08-2022, 12:14 AM
unclebilly
Intermediate

Default Fixed…

The leak was the forward hose clamp on the back connection of the larger pipe.

I tightened it up using a 7mm wrench under the upper pipes, put 15psi on it and in 2.5 hours the pressure held like a rock. Perfect pressure test.
Old 09-20-2022, 04:07 PM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey question for the group. I have seen most pipe replacement videos / posts and the intake is completely removed (along with fuel and vacuum lines). But I saw a recent video where the intake was removed and set on the left side of the motor with the fuel line still installed. It seemed less invasive then removing the fuel lines. Has anyone else done this?

Quick Reply: Coolant pipes A-Z.