Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! (please) - 2004 Cayenne S with dead engine - coolant in the oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009 | 09:43 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by medtech
Sounds typical for Porsche. All of a sudden things get hushed and mysterious, no one knows what happened, yet Porsche is willing to take the engine to a secret lab, and give u a new one. It's more in what they don't say. And I'm afraid, much like Hoffa's death and Area 52, you will NEVER know the real story.
Sweet! I bet this connection to Jimmy Hoffa will increase the resale value more than enough to cover the remanufactured engine. Gotta go now - I think that's the Discovery Channel calling to set up an interview.

Thanks again for the continued advice. I'll post an update when all is done.
Old 11-13-2019 | 02:26 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

I just noticed this again, and realize I never followed up in this thread (although I did in different threads).

The crate engine was fine, updated coolant pipes, new coils, etc. And then about 8 years later, at around 100k miles, I bought the car. Now at 104k miles, running fine.

Carefully looking through the records for the dealer diagnosis and engine replacement, they mention cylinder scoring, which may be why Porsche covered stuff even though the warranty had just expired.
The following users liked this post:
Pillow (11-14-2019)

Quick Reply: HELP! (please) - 2004 Cayenne S with dead engine - coolant in the oil