Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009 | 04:49 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Default 2005 Power Kit Turbo FOR SALE

2005 Porsche Cayenne Power Kit Turbo

Certified Pre-owned (CPO)
Clear title, same dealer service since new, second owner.
46K miles

Titanium
Black leather, Alcantara, Carbon
Sports Seats (great seats)
No sunroof (head room and awesome Alcantara headliner)

Power Kit (same as Turbo S, factory program 500 HP)

GTS wheels
Original Sport Techno wheels

Backup camera
Aero Body kit (nice, understated, same as Turbo S)
Full Carbon cabin trim
$140K MSRP
Sell $55,000

Fresh tires on both wheel sets
(subtract $3K if you don't want the GTS wheels)
(subtract $2K if you don't want the Sport Techno wheels)
Spare brake rotors and pads (new parts in boxes)

I'll post a lot of pics on Saturday. Paint and cabin trim are not going to disappoint. The local dealer can help with a pre-purchase inspection or Porsche Financial for a lease or finance.

If you're familiar with the US$20K Power Kit factory option and you're shopping for a Cayenne Turbo, just as I was several years ago, then this is a rare opportunity. I don't want to see this car disappear into the dealer/wholesale machine where buyers don't think anything more of Power Kit than they might of a back-up camera. This car has both -- which would be more expensive (and reliable) to install after the car leaves the factory? Is 500-520 HP worth more than a normal Turbo? The (insanely!) bigger brakes? The tuned suspension and PASM? The Porsche factory warranty to 100,000 miles?

As for me, I'm selling to make garage space for a new Cabrio. Either the Cayenne or the GT3 has to go ... I'm not denying it was an easy decision to at least try to keep the GT3.

This is not your average Cayenne Turbo. This car is Jeykll and Hyde. It's insanely, brutally fast and purposefully quick when you want to enjoy driving or you want to get point to point as quickly as possible. And it's refined and steady like a Range Rover when you're touring and covering distance.

The Power Kit Turbo is not just power, it's brakes and suspension and tuning. It's a car for the one percent of Porsche buyers that want the four seater and SUV space, but they also want to drive and enjoy the driving. I've had two years in this car and it never fails to reward me with insanely great driving dynamics as well as the confidence of safety when my family is aboard.

If you're tending towards a Panamera or a Mercedes GL SUV or E Wagon, this is not your next car! : ) The Power Kit Turbo will smoke a Panamera and it will embarrass a Panamera Turbo. I've driven the Panamera and it's a marvelous machine -- PDK alone makes up 90% of the experience -- but it's not the quantum leap ahead of the Cayenne that one might imagine or expect. For the 100% price delta over a Cayenne and the ensuing depreciation, I think the comparison favors the Cayenne.

So that's my sales pitch. This car was a remarkable find when I bought it. I paid for the CPO so that all those electric motors, window winders and engine systems would not be my problem.

I will wait for a best offer for two months, I won't create an opportunity for late buyers to scalp the car and it will otherwise go back to the dealer and that's that. Hopefully someone here will be the buyer or know someone.

Adam

Quick Reply: 2005 Power Kit Turbo FOR SALE