Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inflate tire from PASM "accumulator" air tank under front passenger seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 03:22 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Inflate tire from PASM "accumulator" air tank under front passenger seat?

I seem to recall it's possible to use the accumulator tank (under the front passenger seat) as a compressed air sauce (kidding.) If so, how so?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:24 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Under the rear passenger seat, drivers side there is an air hose. remove a rubber plug from the front passenger seat valance, just above the drawer and screw the air-hose into the connector in the hole. This is best done with the engine and therefore the compressors running

Use it all the time, astounds friends
Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
Under the rear passenger seat, drivers side there is an air hose. remove a rubber plug from the front passenger seat valance, just above the drawer and screw the air-hose into the connector in the hole. This is best done with the engine and therefore the compressors running

Yep, I used it to inflate my dad's flat tire a few weeks ago. The neighbor couldn't believe how much air the system produced.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2

Thanks. This is an '05 and the details are a bit different. I don't have the car here, but I'll play with it as soon as I get a chance. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:15 PM
porsche52
Board Certified Porsche Trauma Surgeon
Cayenne Grief Counselor
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Thanks. This is an '05 and the details are a bit different. I don't have the car here, but I'll play with it as soon as I get a chance. Thanks.
Just so we are clear. it is not the PASM "accumulator" it is the Air suspension "Level Control" accumulator. The tank is located in the rear cargo area by the Bose sub if equipped and the Tool kit. The hose should be under the left rear seat base, pull the rubber plug as mudman stated from the right front seat base trim, screw the hose in and your done. If you do not have Air suspenssion, then you do not have this feature, you have a portable eleectric pump and colapsable spare. PASM = Porsche Active Suspenssion Managment. Controls dampner settings (comfort, normal, sport) But on a 05 if you have PASM then you must have Air suspension as well.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I seem to recall it's possible to use the accumulator tank (under the front passenger seat) as a compressed air sauce (kidding.) If so, how so?

Just a guess.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:25 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That pump does not pump much anything up but maybe a beach ball. I had a tire that was low on air the ex let it out and the pump didn't have the ***** to inflate that tire till I jacked up the car a bit to remove the weight then it was ok but it was kinda aggravating to me
Old 04-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe you need the compressor rebuild which includes a new piston and rings... just had this done at my local VW dealer since they carry the repair kit and Porsche does not. Runs around $300-400 installed.

David
Old 04-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

Just a guess.
16K+ posts and that's the best you've got?

Anyway, asked and answered -- Rennlist is the manual. : )

I would have accepted a "GFGI" but I did Google it and I came up empty.

Double anyway, someone posted to this thread about a possible compressor failure and a service kit -- that was my next question ... : ) Never underestimate the power of the Rennlist.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:39 AM
Blunterbryn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know where to buy a replacement hose for this?
Old 05-25-2013, 03:50 AM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealers can get them, they are around $100+ if I remember.

Originally Posted by Blunterbryn
Anyone know where to buy a replacement hose for this?

Quick Reply: Inflate tire from PASM "accumulator" air tank under front passenger seat?