The top 3 reasons I bought a Cayenne:

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
If you read the manual there is a way to disable the motion sensor. That may be your best bet.
It's accessible from the instrument menu using the stalk. If that menu item is hidden because of an option here or there, the dealer tech can tweak the motion sensor with the service tool.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
I think the motion sensor peters out around the back seat. There's kind of an invisible line at the headrests. If they keep their noses behind the line then the alarm is good. I don't know that all 3 of them will fit though.

If you read the manual there is a way to disable the motion sensor. That may be your best bet.
Read the manual, tried the procedure (push switch bottom of "B" pillar), still went off. Must not be holding my mouth right (but I've heard others have had same problem).
Old 02-23-2009, 01:12 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Read the manual, tried the procedure (push switch bottom of "B" pillar), still went off. Must not be holding my mouth right (but I've heard others have had same problem).
There is a sequence that you have to follow exactly, to make it work. It's a PITA, but I imagine once you get it down, it will be ok. I'll have to look it up myself again. It might be that you have to pull the key, but not open the door, before you push the button...not sure.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:41 PM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The system works pretty much flawlessly on my '05. Lock the truck with the remote and then punch it again about 1 sec later. The inclination and motion sensors are disabled and the pattern of the flashing red LED on the door verifies that they are disabled. Is this something they "fixed" in '06, so that it is more complicated and/or doesn't work? If so, I guess it wouldn't be the first time they "improved" something to death.

Quick Reply: The top 3 reasons I bought a Cayenne: