Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy for Mobridge

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bought a Pepper today with Nav. Count me in on group buy/ not sure if I want BT yet because of the "Volume" issues have heard about on 04's with Mobridge. (between Stereo/then switching to phone/then back-)
Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

thats not a great issue unless your deaf
Old 01-13-2009, 02:32 AM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i asked about upgrade awhile ago and it wasnt offered. mobridge has our contact info. what is the story and how much is it?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:52 AM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
Just bought a Pepper today with Nav. Count me in on group buy/ not sure if I want BT yet because of the "Volume" issues have heard about on 04's with Mobridge. (between Stereo/then switching to phone/then back-)
Ahhhh ... can't say I've actually ever heard about this issue?? The '04 model years are no different than the other model years except that they don't have phone buttons and the PCM doesn't do volume adjustment because it doesn't have builtin in phone functionality.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mudman2, mobridge,
I have heard it with my own ears..... Plus you have heard about this issue before, I guess just an issue for pre mid-2005 PCM's
Let me refresh your memory This is your quote from a previous thread.

BT upgrades, Volume question, CDC error supression

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
I've installed it and its working fine, my only issues is a lower volume when the phone is in use. I have a 04 so I don't have a TEL button on my PCM, downside is there is no info on the screen, but its not a biggy for me or the wifey. I have the latest upgrade so the Iphone is working fine.

Hello. Thanks and you're welcome.

Just to readers, on the volume issue. PLEASE NOTE: Kevin M.'s car having the PCM without telephone functions is the reason for the volume difference between Bluetooth and iPod. Many U.S. Porsches 2003-2008 have the type of PCM without Telephone functions. We do not officially support installation of the Bluetooth system into "non-Tel PCM" cars as that version PCM was never designed for it, but the handsfree audio WILL come over the vehicle audio so long as the user stays in CDC mode. The level of gain from a Bluetooth phone and that of the iPod are different (typically phone boost is lower) and we are reliant upon that gain. The result is the phone will typically be lower in default volume than the iPod. You can compensate with SOME iPods by setting the default accessory volume level or even turning the iPod itself down before plugging it in. But again, this volume issue is a remnant of the way the system has to work in the non-Telephone PCMs. Our official position on installation into this type of PCM car is we will of course support the basic operability of mObridge such as iPod and fundamental Bluetooth connection but as for items like volume levels, routing of audio, and what the PCM displays (or furthermore how the PCM reacts in general), we cannot guarantee how the PCM will handle this since it was never designed for it.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:13 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OH I agree its there but nothing I haven't gotten used to, its a minor issue to me. I use it every day with no problem.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So, what is the group buy price?

David
Old 01-20-2009, 05:54 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Last edited by OCNYPORSCHE; 01-20-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Isolated Issue Resolved
Old 01-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

OCNY, just sent you a PM on the audio unit...

David
Old 01-20-2009, 09:32 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

I wanted to update my recent post.

Scott from Mobridge has resolved my issue. It has been a long time in waiting, but Scott has made up for the time.

Quick Reply: Group Buy for Mobridge