Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much value does the Titanium option add?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Jeff Ward
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default How much value does the Titanium option add?

I'm doing a little pre-end of the year Cayenne shopping. There is an 06 Cayenne S with the Titanium package that has caught my eye. In running the numbers through Kelley Blue Book, the titanium option adds about $5000. That seems high to me, but I don't know what that option includes other than the two tone interior. Does that sound right to you? Thanks, Jeff
Old 12-20-2008, 06:26 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts
Default Tit Option Worth $5k?

Originally Posted by Jeff Ward
There is an 06 Cayenne S with the Titanium package that has caught my eye. In running the numbers through Kelley Blue Book, the titanium option adds about $5000.
That sure sounds high to me as I thought the Tit option was mainly cosmetic. My 06S is fully loaded (premium package inc air shocks, parking sensors, Sirius, xenons, towing, etc) and should price close to a Tit. However, kbb.com has mine at a trade-in that $5k less. WTF? No worries as I just bought mine off of the lease at 10% under trade-in value dave
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's what the package has:

"The Cayenne S Titanium Edition is a U.S.-only model. For the $7,700 premium over the standard Cayenne S you get the works: bi-xenon headlamps, 19-inch Cayenne Design wheels, unique interior color options (ours came with silver leather seats with black inserts), front and rear heated seats, heated side mirrors, silver-trimmed instruments, a bevy of on-steering-wheel controls, tinted glass in back and a navigation system. Plus badges that remind you that you're driving the Titanium Edition. If you bought all of these extras separately you'd spend more."

Source:
http://www.forbes.com/vehicles/2006/..._0915test.html
Old 12-22-2008, 12:51 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by wilfred
Here's what the package has:

"The Cayenne S Titanium Edition is a U.S.-only model. For the $7,700 premium over the standard Cayenne S you get the works: bi-xenon headlamps, 19-inch Cayenne Design wheels, unique interior color options (ours came with silver leather seats with black inserts), front and rear heated seats, heated side mirrors, silver-trimmed instruments, a bevy of on-steering-wheel controls, tinted glass in back and a navigation system. Plus badges that remind you that you're driving the Titanium Edition. If you bought all of these extras separately you'd spend more."
Compared to my loaded S, the differences are minor (rear heated seats) and cosmetic. I can see a $1,000 upcharge for the Tit but nothing more assuming the S is equally optioned. And there's the rub as it's tough to find them with *all* of the toys. dave
Old 12-23-2008, 01:43 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z E R O

Same as a similarly equipped Cayenne S...

Next question please.....
Old 12-23-2008, 11:14 AM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Z E R O

Same as a similarly equipped Cayenne S...

And this is the correct answer. Of course a similarly equipped S would have cost more up front due to the packaging, so the depreciation is a little less on the Tit S.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:55 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Z E R O

I would have to respectfully disagree.

I personally place a high value on ****.....but that's just me.

Quick Reply: How much value does the Titanium option add?