Sponsored by:

Lowering your Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM
GBG
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lowering your Cayenne

Has anyone installed an Eibach lowering kit to lower your Cayenne?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

If yes, any input appreciated. Thanks. GBG
Old 10-25-2008, 01:51 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, lowering springs? Now, that does not sound like you are leaning toward the CTTS (as mentioned in your other thread) and its air suspension anymore. Thinking about getting a CS with springs rather than air suspension? I had a 2004 CS with stock springs and it was almost as rough as a truck on bad roads. I think some have had luck with lowering springs, but you consider going for a Cayenne with the air suspension.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:04 AM
GBG
Pro

Thanks Statman. I'm just gathering info at this point, and your insight is helpful. The one thing that bothers me about the CTTS is how high it stands, so I'm wondering what options there are out there to lower it. Is yours at stock height? Is there a lot of body roll at stock height? (I have lots of winding roads around me.) Thanks
Old 10-28-2008, 01:19 AM
leek
Rennlist Member

I was at the Porsche dealer last week and asked them about this. They offered to manufacture and install some lowering links for about $1100 including the realignment. This would work on the air suspension only.
I believe there is some aftermarket solutions around for about 1/2 that price. Hit search.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leek
I was at the Porsche dealer last week and asked them about this. They offered to manufacture and install some lowering links for about $1100 including the realignment. This would work on the air suspension only.
I believe there is some aftermarket solutions around for about 1/2 that price. Hit search.
Lowering links can be had for $300.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:00 AM
GBG
Pro

Are lowering links the best/only way to lower a CTTS? On my X5 (with air suspension) there is an aftermarket module available that allows you to lower truck simply by adjusting the air suspension. Is there sometihng like that out there for a CTTS?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by leek
Lowering links? Rip off-
I would bet (others feel free to correct me), not actually knowing what’s under there, that they are referring to relatively low cost height sensors or a re-program, which basically recalibrates the suspension height.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM
GBG
Pro

I know that there must be tons of guys out there that lower their Cayenne, so somebody must have good info on this???
Old 10-29-2008, 06:20 PM
mattjtaylor50
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 15 Posts

techart lowering module best route to go!

lowering links are crap. they look good but suspension is way to bumpy and gets unbearable. the modules change the compression inside the air shocks.

lots of discussion on 6speed forum about different ways to lower
Old 10-29-2008, 07:22 PM
GBG
Pro

Thanks, I'll take a look at Techart
Old 10-29-2008, 08:10 PM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lowering on air suspension

Just my $0.02 (and maybe less). I had a CTT S and had Carnewal's lowering device installed. It certainly made the look of the car much better; at the same time, the ride quality was terrible (feels as though the car is riding on its bump stops) and was disengaged during normal driving to improve the ride. As soon as I parked the vehicle, I re-engaged the lowering device.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:06 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

CRG FR125 and a DD2.
Very nice.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
GBG
Pro

Originally Posted by thusly
Just my $0.02 (and maybe less). I had a CTT S and had Carnewal's lowering device installed. It certainly made the look of the car much better; at the same time, the ride quality was terrible (feels as though the car is riding on its bump stops) and was disengaged during normal driving to improve the ride. As soon as I parked the vehicle, I re-engaged the lowering device.
Thanks Thusly, that's interesting to hear. Did Carnewal's device just lower the air suspension? Is that what Techart's device does too? Thanks for your interesting comment. GBG
Old 10-30-2008, 09:59 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

erm. perhaps I am missing the obvious here. My air susp S has a normal position, a one click lower position and a loading level position. I just use the 1 click lower level. Tada!
Unless of course you want to go lower. I wonder if damage would happen driving around in loading level.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:00 PM
ammo_collector
Instructor

Not sure exactly what my Techart module does but ride at the lowest level is as comfortable as normal level stock.

Quick Reply: Lowering your Cayenne