Sponsored by:

does anyone have daytime running lamps activated

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:19 AM
lovethesport
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have daytime running lamps activated

if yes, pls tell me which ligt bulb is the drl bulb--------is it one below the zenon or the one on the left which activates with high beam----
Old 10-11-2008, 11:30 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lovethesport
if yes, pls tell me which ligt bulb is the drl bulb--------is it one below the zenon or the one on the left which activates with high beam----
It is the main bulb. You get it turned on at the dealer through PIWIS. I had them do this on the Beta about a year before I sold it (xenon) for insurance purposes to answer truthfully that I had "daytime running lights". Also in my state when it rains you have to have lights on and thus you have to remember to turn them on because they're not activated with the wipers like some cars do. I decided not to do it with my Tit.S because they're isn't much savings on the insurance and decided I might get longer life with them since I drive mostly daylight hours.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:13 AM
stealthn
Advanced

Yes everyone in Canada

It's the Xenon
Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have a pic of what these look like in the daytime? I leave my switch on "Auto" but the Xenons never seem to go off ever, even in the daytime.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 PM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

The DRL look exactly like you have the headlight on - in effect you do. Only difference is you can not have the high beams on and the dash lights do not work.

My 1994 Jeep had a better system. High beams on at half power and the rear parking lights -- Thats it. Small dash warning light with "DRL" came on if the headlights were not in "auto" mode. And when you turned on the wipers the headlights went on. The halogen lights are more noticeable in the daytime also.

Porsche misses the mark on so many simple things.

I deal with catastrophic injuries every day - it is foolish not to have them activated or to use your headlights -- especially certain car colors -- regardless of the insurance implications.

Quick Reply: does anyone have daytime running lamps activated