Use of the term 'Pig'

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Well if pigs are slow ...:
You've obviously never tried to outrun one.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:02 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by sigs
You've obviously never tried to outrun one.
Amongst some of my life experiences working on a farm was one of them and dealing with pigs is something to take very seriously.

As far as Cayenne Turbo's, slow is not a word I would use.

ltc I guess you weren't the first. That was just before my time.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:19 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we discussed this with a thread about pigs. Here was my submission... then some recommended rhino... sadly, rhino never got a fair shake.. thus we're stuck with pig and its derivatives.. here's what was proposed and how it was proposed in the thread from February (I don't know how to link to a previous thread):

"Larry (former owner of a Cayenne) began to call our beloved SUV a "pig". Many times, he went so far as to say some of the "fixes" were merely "lipstick on a pig".. that was the genesis.

Some like the moniker.. some do not. If we stick with PIG (which personally I like in a sarcastic sort of way - common on this forum), then the only distinction that would seem to make sense based on the other thread recommendation by BladeMD and to thereby include the usual Porsche mystique and snobbery we all know exists -- A simple PIG delineation scheme:
Swine = v6
Pig = S
Pretty pig = Tit.S
Fast pig = GTS
Hog = TT
Boar = TTS"

p.s. agree with cobalt... don't mess with a hungry or agitated pig, hog, or boar... but swine.. not such a big deal, after all, Jesus sent a bunch over a cliff!

Quick Reply: Use of the term 'Pig'