Adding Park Assist, Entry and Drive, and/or Backup Camera to '04 CS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008 | 11:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tahoeblue
quite a pleasure to correspond with you.

Next time might be easier to simply answer the question, but my education has been invaluable.
Easier perhaps, but this forum is about entertainment and education......and cannibalism......and pigs with poorly applied cosmetics....and Kool Aid Purplesaurus Rex.
Old 09-23-2008 | 12:38 AM
medtech
Drifting

Old 09-23-2008 | 10:01 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

It's much more entertaining if you are one of the folks who is sitting in a lawn chair, as opposed to one of those who just fell (or jumped) off the edge of the cliff...

Most of the people in the lawn chairs went over the edje of the cliff some time ago.
Old 09-23-2008 | 10:09 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Dennis C
It's much more entertaining if you are one of the folks who is sitting in a lawn chair, as opposed to one of those who just fell (or jumped) off the edge of the cliff...

Most of the people in the lawn chairs went over the edje of the cliff some time ago.
Yes.
The lawn chairs are arranged in a manner similar to the deck chairs on the Titanic, at the base of Cayenne Cliff.....the days are spent relaxing, sipping Purplesaurus Rex and waiting for the next lemming to cliff dive.
Ah, life is good.
Old 09-23-2008 | 12:38 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Yes.
The lawn chairs are arranged in a manner similar to the deck chairs on the Titanic, at the base of Cayenne Cliff.....the days are spent relaxing, sipping Purplesaurus Rex and waiting for the next lemming to cliff dive.
Ah, life is good.
I'll get the bar set up at the bottom as well.. Tahoeblue will be cliff diving as soon as he tries to do all these mods.
Old 09-23-2008 | 01:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MadFox
I'll get the bar set up at the bottom as well.. Tahoeblue will be cliff diving as soon as he tries to do all these mods.
Great.
Although I am sure he will score VERY low, he does get the benefit of a VERY high degree of difficulty.
I really really really hope he tries it....it will make Toby's BiXenon Wicked Cool Adventure seem trivial.....not to mention the sheer joy in watching someone have a complete and total breakdown.....just doesn't get any better than that.
Old 09-23-2008 | 02:53 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Great.
Although I am sure he will score VERY low, he does get the benefit of a VERY high degree of difficulty.
I really really really hope he tries it....it will make Toby's BiXenon Wicked Cool Adventure seem trivial.....not to mention the sheer joy in watching someone have a complete and total breakdown.....just doesn't get any better than that.

Just remember, I was the first customer in the US to have the CD Changer installed AFTER delivery. THEN I went off in search of Bi-Xenon lights. I've seen more sausage made in these vehicles than I care to admit!
Old 09-23-2008 | 02:57 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Old 09-23-2008 | 03:32 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
............. I've seen more sausage made in these vehicles than I care to admit!
An instant forum classic!
Old 09-23-2008 | 03:56 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Excuse me what date was your CDC installed ?
Old 09-23-2008 | 04:12 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MadFox
An instant forum classic!
I'll say it again......we should have gone with the T-shirts.....more than enough material to pick from.

And we could sell them to the newbies
Old 09-23-2008 | 05:03 PM
medtech
Drifting

LTC is on fire these days...

LTC, did the squirrels steal your meds again??
Old 09-23-2008 | 05:13 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by medtech
LTC is on fire these days...

LTC, did the squirrels steal your meds again??
No, the squirrels would never do that....too well trained.
Way too many newbies.....way too little time
Old 09-23-2008 | 06:19 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2
Excuse me what date was your CDC installed ?
March of 2004 if I remember right (senility is a terrible thing!). According to the Service Manager at ParkPlace in Dallas, when they called for the installation assistance from PCNA, PCNA was still trying to secure the fiber ring connectors from Stuttgart. PAG had to air freight the fiber connectors in to Dallas from Germany straight to ParkPlace. When I asked the Service Manager about it, he told me that PCNA told him that this was the first dealer-installed CDC they had encountered for a Cayenne. I even listened in on a subsequent call to PCNA when they asked for some PST2 programming clarification. You should have seen the shock on the service techs' faces.

And it was gut-wrenching watching them RIP OUT stuff in the back.
I had to "step away from the vehicle". Fortunately, THAT experience prepared me for the utter desecration of the vehcile when they installed the "factory" Phone Prep Kit.

So, Mr. Moderator , I can only offer up what I was told. If it's a false claim, I will take my 30 wet-noodle lashings and be quiet........... Well, maybe not be quiet, but you get my drift.
Old 09-23-2008 | 07:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

You should have contacted Larry (before he died...although you can still contact him now that he's dead) and he would have been more than happy to provide fiber optic cables/connectors.
IIRC, he had something to do with that stuff.

Quick Reply: Adding Park Assist, Entry and Drive, and/or Backup Camera to '04 CS