Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any High mileage 05',06',07' owners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Bgoldey
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Any High mileage 05',06',07' owners out there?

Reviewing the warranty/repair thread it seems that most of the ugly maintenance adventures seem to be limited to the 03's, 04's, and early build 05's (no surprise there). Like I mentioned in my other post my 06' S has been relatively trouble free so far (30 months and 20k miles). Went through the 19" P-Zeros like butter, but the fix, Lattitude Tour HPs have shown no wear at all after 5K miles.

Did Porsche turn the boat around or are problems with the later builds just going unreported? I'd love to hear some feedback from some high mileage later builds.

BTW what are people paying for oil changes, 20K, and 40K services? It seems like there is direct correlation between the DJIA and service prices, my dealer seems to be begging for business.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2008, 02:21 AM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

40K service cost us about $900, and that's without brakes.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:38 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As has been reported many times, I believe Rennlist member 'T2' is the forum record holder for a 'naked' 140K mile 04 Cayenne Turbo ownership experience.

As for problems going unreported, there are often facts behind suicides that the families of Cayenne owners just never talk about.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:32 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bgoldey
..........Did Porsche turn the boat around or are problems with the later builds just going unreported? I'd love to hear some feedback from some high mileage later builds.
Is Porsche now making boats?
I wouldn't consider 33+K miles "high mileage"; however by this time on my Beta, I had two dozen documented visits to the dealer (24 months) plus numerous "drive bys" (but I didn't shoot).... still to come were cardan shafts, coils (again), miscellaneous trim parts ejecting, etc.

To date, I've had an intermittent PHC Unavailable light that goes months without being an "idiot" and showing itself.. but otherwise, absolutely bullet-proof.. I used to know every single employee's name at my dealer... alas, with my Tit.S, I confess that I saw some new employees and I didn't know their name last time I was in. I also did have to return to activate the software for the trailer hitch that wasn't done at delivery.. (the dealers still don't know that they have to do it).. thus I've only been there for one oil change to date and for alignment/balance on their Hunter machine after buying tires for less bucks at NTB. Unfortuantely, my low number of visits, doesn't allow me to test drive every vehicle on the lot.. in the "old days", the GM would come up and say, "want to drive the 911TT?" or "hey, got a new cab., let's go get lunch.. you drive".... now, I'm a "nobody" and I like it!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
Is Porsche now making boats?
Actually, Yes. And as you can expect it's a damn expensive boat.

They don't build the boat but Porsche Design designed the (2) ? models, one was a 27 footer I think, I don't remember what the other one was. If I get a chance I'll google for it. Saw them in a boat mag about a year ago.

http://porschedesignboat.com/index.php?sid=1

They also designed the Fearless 44

Fearless Yachts
Old 09-18-2008, 12:31 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

68,000 miles on my '06 CS.

It's been great.

Only issues were coil replacement and swapping out PCM unit for a new one (both under warranty). This truck has been basically trouble free and an pleasure to drive.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:45 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Close to 112K miles on mine and no complaints here (mostly highway miles and fully serviced)!

Quick Reply: Any High mileage 05',06',07' owners out there?