Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket exhaust on '06 S

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008 | 09:16 AM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Default aftermarket exhaust on '06 S

Any real advantage going with a full system over just the secondary cat bypass pipes. I was looking at Fabspeed and Milltek systems.
Old 07-08-2008 | 09:31 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

I think it depends on how loud you want it. If you do the cat bypass and the muffler/exhaust it will be pretty loud.
Old 07-08-2008 | 09:55 AM
HD2pct
Pro

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I think it depends on how loud you want it. If you do the cat bypass and the muffler/exhaust it will be pretty loud.
Yeah, FWIW, after I put just the bypass pipes on mine, I was sort of happy that I didn't do the full enchilada.

To each his own, of course, but a bunch of people have taken their full-blown systems back off and put them up for sale.
Old 07-12-2008 | 02:16 AM
medtech
Drifting

Honestly all u need is the secondary cat bypass pipes and BMC F1 air filters.
It will be plenty loud, and your pedal response will be greatly improved.
Then you can use the extra money to replace the crappy stock sound system.
Old 07-12-2008 | 03:03 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I went with the bypass pipes for about a year. They were fine and people did remark that the car sounded great. I really didn't notice much sitting in the cabin. I really wanted to hear more of the engine so I bought Kooser's Cargraphic muffler that his wife "encouraged" him to remove. All I can say is wow! Loud but in a good way. Not too much, but some, increased cabin resonance. Enough to enjoy the sound of the car but not enough to be distracting. Try it in baby steps until you get to the point you are happy. If I could go "straight back" without anything, I probably would.
Old 07-13-2008 | 01:28 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

I've been interested in a "sport exhaust" type arrangement too. I asked the Porsche folks at Parade but they don't have anything to retrofit to a '06 S. I think Techart (?) does but it's pricey. I'm not really thrilled about about the bypass pipe route but to be honest I haven't heard one yet. I would really like to search to see if a co. like Dansk makes a sport exhaust that won't screw up my 100k mi. CPO warranty.
Old 07-13-2008 | 05:00 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

I have the full TechArt exhaust on my CTTS. The sound is incredible, a bit more HP, and (what I have not heard yet) the aesthetics are beautiful compared to the pedestrian stick muffler peeking out the back. I love the look of the chrome and stainless exhaust peering out from under the back end--its clear that something extra is going on. I think the Cargraphic exhaust has a great look too.
Attached Images   
Old 07-13-2008 | 10:18 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
so I bought Kooser's Cargraphic muffler that his wife "encouraged" him to remove.
And that, btw, was the last we heard of Kooser......

And to the OP. I have a Gemballa exhaust on my '05 CS. It sounds better than a stock CTT. When I get to drive various Cayenne loaners, I practically fall asleep, so quiet & boring they are in comparison
Old 07-13-2008 | 10:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn

Seems like only yesterday he got neutered by his wife

Old 07-14-2008 | 12:20 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Touche' --- and where did he go since I was M.I.A. for about 5 months this year?
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:44 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ltc

Seems like only yesterday he got neutered by his wife

My wife wasn't thrilled with my purchase. She thought the CTT was too loud with just the bypass pipes alone. Luckily I didn't suffer the same fate as Kooser. Both nuts still there last I checked....
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:47 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by STATMAN
I have the full TechArt exhaust on my CTTS. The sound is incredible, a bit more HP, and (what I have not heard yet) the aesthetics are beautiful compared to the pedestrian stick muffler peeking out the back. I love the look of the chrome and stainless exhaust peering out from under the back end--its clear that something extra is going on. I think the Cargraphic exhaust has a great look too.
I like the look of the Techart better than the Cargraphic. I feel like I am a traveling billboard with the Cargraphic logo underneath my car's ****. Can't resist the sound or feel though. Very addicting.
Old 07-14-2008 | 02:16 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Do any of the mfg of Cat bypass systems have sound clips? I feel that my 06TT is too quiet but would like to take it in steps...which Cat bypass is preferred...and are there any warranty issueses?...how about affecting the function of the TT, re: backpressure change causing problems with factory set stuff? Obviously I'm no mechanic but am willing to learn. Thanks much!
Old 07-14-2008 | 09:32 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mambodoc
Do any of the mfg of Cat bypass systems have sound clips? I feel that my 06TT is too quiet but would like to take it in steps...which Cat bypass is preferred...and are there any warranty issueses?...how about affecting the function of the TT, re: backpressure change causing problems with factory set stuff? Obviously I'm no mechanic but am willing to learn. Thanks much!
Yes most do. Do a search on Youtube and you will get most of the systems covered. Some will be manufacture's clips and some will be homemade. Even with this info I still found it very hard to compare systems. Regarding performance you will get more HP and burn less gas with most if not all aftermarket exhausts.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:44 PM
JW3
Racer

The TECHART looks great.

What about Billy Boat Exhaust Systems ? Any comments out there?

http://www.bbexhaust.com

Quick Reply: aftermarket exhaust on '06 S