Sponsored by:

mObridge Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:23 PM
garys150
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mObridge Bluetooth Issues

I am one of the lucky early adopters to have a mObridge Bluetooth unit. The audio quality on the iPod interface is phenomenal - one of the best iPod connections I have heard in any car. I can also say that mObridge tech support is extremely responsive. However I do still have some lingering issues.

Here's my current issues:

-My unit only syncs the letter A from my phone book. I have a Blackberry 8830 and it syncs ok to our Acura.
-Even after firmware 1.3, I still go back to the first song on the iPod after turning the car off. This is an improvement, prior to firmware 1.3, I would go back to AM 630.
-And the most serious issue I have, the unit 'reboots' itself after about 1 hour of driving. I get a no-sim card message, the music stops, and about 15 seconds later the phone reconnects and the music starts again. It of course starts at song 1 of the iPod so I need to pick my playlist again.

I did submit these to mObridge, but I am curious to hear what issues or experiences others have had.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:42 PM
CaptPegLeg
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Bluetooth unit in my CS and 996. Wife loves the bluetooth in the CS and the ipod has been used a little and seems fine. The 996, without the phone buttons, has some issues with the ipod. I did a roadtrip using the thing for hours and it started dying after a few hours of use. Nothing would bring it back. The next day, same thing. After 3-4 hours or so, it just quits responding in anyway to the ipod. Seems like after it heats up some, it becomes ill. I'm waiting for a response from mobridge about it.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:43 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a problem with Blackberry version 4X bluetooth software, it is well written about and RIM are working hard to correct.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:50 PM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys. Also there apparently have been some Blackberry updates that at least Verizon has put out there now. For update for Verizon Blackberry that has these improvements, you can visit:

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

Quick Reply: mObridge Bluetooth Issues