Sponsored by:

Fender Flare Extensions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:44 AM
murdog
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fender Flare Extensions

Besides the Porsche Sport Technic add on fender flares, does anyone have a source for fender flare extensions for the 2008 Cayenne? I just bought a base car and added Champion 20" wheels and the offset makes them stick out further than anticipated. Thanks,
Old 06-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 209 Posts

Murdog,

Did you get these wheels from Ebay?

"Targa Tim" on this forum had the same issues - search and ye shall find....

Simon.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the Porsche one's from Suncoast! they look great on the GTS.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like you got the exact wheels as me. When you do some research, these Champion wheels are offset at 20 and has to be used with OEM fender flares, vs stock wheels at offset 50.

I've done my research and although there are aftermarket flares from Techart, etc. Those flares have to be used in conjunction with their modified front bumper as well. So cheapest way to go is to add OEM wheel arch extensions.
Attached Images   
Old 06-21-2008, 09:46 AM
murdog
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Tim,

You are right. I spoke with Champion yesterday and found out they made some of these to go along with a body kit they were developing. Unfortunately they abondoned development and then sold the wheels off cheap.

So, thanks a ton for the pictures. Are you happy with the look? They still appear to stick out a little? Do they throw up dirt/debris down the side of the car? What tires did you install?

Thanks Again!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by murdog
Tim,

You are right. I spoke with Champion yesterday and found out they made some of these to go along with a body kit they were developing. Unfortunately they abondoned development and then sold the wheels off cheap.

So, thanks a ton for the pictures. Are you happy with the look? They still appear to stick out a little? Do they throw up dirt/debris down the side of the car? What tires did you install?

Thanks Again!

I've mounted Toyo Proxes.

Yes, a little more dirt on the side when it rained compared to stock wheels. I tried to get some mud flaps but Porsche don't make any for the front.

The look is good. Front still stick out just a touch (but much better than before), while the rear is totally flushed. I guess if you lower the truck it will look better. I'm too lazy lately and haven't done the lowering yet.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Fender Flare Extensions