Sponsored by:

CTTS Mods done for now

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 04:21 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTTS Mods done for now

It has been a little while now that I have owned the 2006 CTTS after selling the former 2004 CS. I have completed my modifications (for now) and it has been fun. This beast has the full Techart exhaust, Techart Formula 22" wheels in black with machined lip, lowering links (lowered 30 mm. and within Porsche specs after alignment), and tint on front windows.

Moving from the CS to the CTTS has left several important impressions. First, PASM is an absolute must. My CS rode like a Jeep compared to the CTTS with air suspension--plus, the lowering possibilities and adjustable ride height are fantastic with PASM. Second, having around 550 HP with the Techart exhaust, the speed and raw power of the CTTS make the 340 HP CS a distant memory--this thing is crazy fast. Third, full leather is an absolute must. The smell and feel and appearance of the leather all over the car, from the dash to the grab handles, etc., etc., is out of this world. I do not miss the "elephant skin" dash on my CS. I could go on (about the brakes, for instance), but I'll stop there. Perhaps the best idea is to share a few pictures...here they are,
Attached Images     
Old 05-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Your CTTS looks perfect. I got the same Techart GTS wheels in 19" on my club coupe. Agree with full leather interior and PASM, agree that I don't miss my ex-CS one bit. Enjoy!
Old 05-17-2008, 09:09 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Great mods.. simple but scary

Great choice on wheels.. have a question on lowering , links is the ride harsher compared to before?
Old 05-17-2008, 10:25 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alex911s
Great mods.. simple but scary

Great choice on wheels.. have a question on lowering , links is the ride harsher compared to before?
As long as normal or comfort setting is engaged, the ride is not much different from stock. In sport, I begin to feel like the ride is closer to my 997S. Sometimes, though, that sporty, "feel the road," ride is kind of fun in the Cayenne. It handles better with the larger tires and lowered stance--feels less like an SUV and more like a high-performance sedan, IMO. How are you liking your CTT with X51 Alex? Thinking about lowering? I think it is a MUST mod.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:28 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Your CTTS looks perfect. I got the same Techart GTS wheels in 19" on my club coupe. Agree with full leather interior and PASM, agree that I don't miss my ex-CS one bit. Enjoy!
Thanks Tim! Glad you got your wheel situation solved on your CTT. I think the wheel arch extensions look great on your Cayenne. That may be my next mod!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by STATMAN
As long as normal or comfort setting is engaged, the ride is not much different from stock. In sport, I begin to feel like the ride is closer to my 997S. Sometimes, though, that sporty, "feel the road," ride is kind of fun in the Cayenne. It handles better with the larger tires and lowered stance--feels less like an SUV and more like a high-performance sedan, IMO. How are you liking your CTT with X51 Alex? Thinking about lowering? I think it is a MUST mod.
Yes I'm liking it... very fast .
I'm thinking of the Techart module but pretty pricey , so asking folks about the links as well.. btw does it affect the height modes? can it still be set to the highest setting?
Old 05-18-2008, 12:08 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alex911s
Yes I'm liking it... very fast .
I'm thinking of the Techart module but pretty pricey , so asking folks about the links as well.. btw does it affect the height modes? can it still be set to the highest setting?
Each setting is lowered by 30 mm across the board. So, all settings (including the highest terrain setting) are functional, but all are simply 30 mm lower. I liked the idea of the links because it is a very simple concept and does not require the more intrusive wiring necessary for the lowering modules. The price is also far more reasonable than the lowering modules. I had the dealership do the full install including alignment to Porsche specs. So, the full installation and alignment wound up being $700 plus the cost of the links. Another more cost-effective option is the lowering module offered by Renntech at $1395--$1000 less than the Techart module. It seems like a nice option, very flexible with respect to height adjustment with lowering down to 50 mm. See...http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ID=180126&VS=1
Old 05-18-2008, 04:25 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice, indeed. Well done.

The pics of the height after the links are trick. Where do I find the links for sale? Don't see them on the gmp site.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:16 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
Very nice, indeed. Well done.

The pics of the height after the links are trick. Where do I find the links for sale? Don't see them on the gmp site.
Thanks Johnny B. The links I used can be found at: http://www.adjustableairride.com/

The links trick the air suspension system into thinking the car is raised higher than it really is (by 30 mm, in my case) and makes it compensate by lowering the car accordingly.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:59 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by STATMAN
Thanks Johnny B. The links I used can be found at: http://www.adjustableairride.com/

The links trick the air suspension system into thinking the car is raised higher than it really is (by 30 mm, in my case) and makes it compensate by lowering the car accordingly.
It's that easy? Simply change out the module links? Well THANK YOU much! FANTASTIC!

My CTTS, which looks exactly like your beauty BTW, is in need to new rubber soon so I'll do them both at once.

Thanks again for the tip!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Cannoli
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great - how about showing some interior pics? Which leather seats did you get?
Old 05-19-2008, 02:53 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
It's that easy? Simply change out the module links? Well THANK YOU much! FANTASTIC!

My CTTS, which looks exactly like your beauty BTW, is in need to new rubber soon so I'll do them both at once.

Thanks again for the tip!
The switch from the OEM to the new links is pretty easy. I had my Porsche dealership do the install with an alignment after installation at the new lowered settings. The alignment was the most significant expense!
Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cannoli
Looks great - how about showing some interior pics? Which leather seats did you get?
Here are some interior shots (one other mod I forgot about--the aluminum racing pedals), and one other pic from the front of the car. Someone else had posted pictures of the light wood with the black leather a while back, I liked the look and I chose the same combo...
Attached Images     
Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

i really like that interior colour combo -
Old 05-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Cannoli
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice wood and pedals too. The picture of the front of the vehicle ... I love how low it is sitting.

Quick Reply: CTTS Mods done for now