Sponsored by:

New '08 S - questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 03:13 PM
geoff w
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New '08 S - questions

Picked up our new '08 Cayenne S at the dealer on Tuesday night, and my wife drove it to San Diego yesterday instead of her Carrera so I haven't had much time with the car. I have a few questions for other '08 owners

1. Is the car supposed to come with a valet key, or just the 2 regular keys? We only got the 2 regular keys, but every other Porsche we've got came with a valet key

2. Do the sun visors slide off the end so I can remove the airbag decals, or is there another way to get the visors free?

3. The old '08 manuals talk about an emergency triangle, but the new one doesn't. Does the car come with an emergency triangle?

4. Does the PCM nav do the real-time traffic overlay and rerouting (traffic message channel, TMC)? If yes, how do you make it work? Push the detour button? The PCM manual is very unclear on the subject

5. Why are the cup holders so small for an SUV? Are there any replacements that holder larger cups? My wife, who hates anything supersize, complained the cup holders barely held her Starbucks medium-size coffee.

6. Any unexpected things I should be aware of compared to a Carrera or Boxster (like having to manually check the oil instead of seeing the level displayed on the dash)?

It's really big coming from a Boxster and Carrera (which are not going away)

Thanks for any inputs. I'll post pictures once I get it cleaned up
Old 05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
ozr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

1. PORSCHE AG stopped supplying separate valet key for the Cayennes for the couple of years already, they only supply 2 regular keys.

3. 08 car does NOT come with an emergency triangle or emergency "medication" package...

5. spend MORE money,... buy PORSCHE AG coffee cup, it fits everywhere in PORSCHE AG cars...

6. ...4 full seats and normal trunk space,... ...it's ALWAYS a good idea to read thoroughly and learn new car manual supplied...

OZRacing

Quick Reply: New '08 S - questions