Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ultimate humiliation. GTO vs CTT.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:28 AM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing like validating every low-life that has the "tiny weenie" syndrome around a Porsche.

I acknowledge that a lot of average people act like idiots around the Cayenne or anything sporting the badge. But to "race them" just shows that you give a damn about their miserable "Pontiac" or whatever ridiculous thing they are driving.

When I was in my 20's, I had a Trans Am. My kingdon for a d*ckless moron in real car that was intimidated by me and would race me. Thank God they still exist, based on this thread.

Mature people realiize that most drivers of real cars don't even acknowledge the existence of these fools, unless they are having flashbacks of some (negative) high school experience for which they finally want to make amends. I hope blowing away Pontiacs, PT-Cruisers, pickups, and other absolutely silly machines will make life better for those with issues.

Last edited by HD2pct; 04-19-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:41 AM
JRCTT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HD2pct
I hope blowing away Pontiacs, PT-Cruisers, pickups, and other absolutely silly machines will make life better for those with issues.
Oh it absolutely helps with my multitude of issues nothing better than the feeling of crushing someone's passion about there car when they have there doors blown off by an SUV - yes it helps a lot
Old 04-20-2008, 11:16 PM
stevethe6th
Track Day

Originally Posted by JRCTT
Oh it absolutely helps with my multitude of issues nothing better than the feeling of crushing someone's passion about there car when they have there doors blown off by an SUV - yes it helps a lot

I agree
Old 04-21-2008, 09:02 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,200 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Originally Posted by HD2pct
Nothing like validating every low-life that has the "tiny weenie" syndrome around a Porsche.

I acknowledge that a lot of average people act like idiots around the Cayenne or anything sporting the badge. But to "race them" just shows that you give a damn about their miserable "Pontiac" or whatever ridiculous thing they are driving.

When I was in my 20's, I had a Trans Am. My kingdon for a d*ckless moron in real car that was intimidated by me and would race me. Thank God they still exist, based on this thread.

Mature people realiize that most drivers of real cars don't even acknowledge the existence of these fools, unless they are having flashbacks of some (negative) high school experience for which they finally want to make amends. I hope blowing away Pontiacs, PT-Cruisers, pickups, and other absolutely silly machines will make life better for those with issues.
Oh please!!

Not that I need to justify my actions to you. For the so called race, call it what you like but there was no contest. It was just me accelerating and him following.

I have been driving Porsche's for nearly 30 years I have everyone and their uncle trying to race me especially in my 94 turbo and 99% of the time I just laugh and let them go on their way. Every now and then one comes along that is such a jerk you just have to put them in their place and this was one. I could care less what the end result would have been or what car he was driving. I did find it interesting the CT did better than I expected and thought I would share. There was nothing unsafe about what I did and at the moment this guy needed to be humiliated.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:04 AM
FSCCA
Instructor

What's really funny is I just did the same thing to a CTT in NJ last weekend. Standing at a two lane stop light, he thought he could take me before the one lane merge. By the time we got to the merge I was 6-8 car lengths ahead. And I was in a Diesel.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
At 400 + hp I figured the GTO would be faster than it was. I wasn't concerned about he ticket. I have driven this road everyday for over 25 years and there are never any cops. I still don't condone it but it was funny to see how humiliated he was after driving so recklessly. I only did it because there were no cars for the entire distance of road we played on. I have driven the autobahn at speeds of over 155mph sustained for periods up to 7 hours so I am no stranger to speed.
They are WAYYYYY heavy. Probably close in weight to your Cayenne.

I have ripped them in the 951 thinking the same as you expecting them to be a lot faster.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:19 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JRCTT
LOL!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FSCCA
What's really funny is I just did the same thing to a CTT in NJ last weekend. Standing at a two lane stop light, he thought he could take me before the one lane merge. By the time we got to the merge I was 6-8 car lengths ahead. And I was in a Diesel.

This comment makes no sense.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
FSCCA
Instructor

The original post suggests that it was funny that a CTT made the manhood of the GTO driver shrink. My TDI really made the manhood of the CTT driver shrink.

What's also funny is that the GTO and CTT get less than 15 mpg. I get over 23.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:39 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

The original post suggests that it was funny that a CTT made the manhood of the GTO driver shrink. My TDI really made the manhood of the CTT driver shrink.

What's also funny is that the GTO and CTT get less than 15 mpg. I get over 23.
What diesel do you have that is faster than a CTT? I have driven the VW Toureg TDI's and they are fast but not as fast as a CTT. I have a friend with one and they are a great truck but if you beat out a CTT it was because he wasn't really on it. Ask me how I know? Yes they do get great gas mileage and are quick I won't argue that but they are nose heavy and don't handle as well as a CTT. Actually the V6 Cayenne handles better than any of the Cayennes or VW's and the CTT is a great performer.

To put it in perspective my CTT will do 0-60 in just under 5.0 seconds the TDI takes a little under 7.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:40 AM
JRCTT
Instructor

TDI what? 6-8 car lengths? Please give me more info on your vehicle...
Old 05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
FSCCA
Instructor

A stock Touareg V10 tdi will smoke (literally and figuratively) a CTT off the line:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-6Fc5CK1As

Mine is OCT flashed with 670 ft-lbs.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:05 PM
JRCTT
Instructor

The Vdub never gets even 1 car length on it and it looks like it gets overtaken in the distance as expected...

Was the TT you smoked chipped as well? Let's keep it in perspective...
Old 05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
FSCCA
Instructor

I am sure it wasn't, but that doesn't disctract from my enjoyment everytime I smoke a CTT.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:22 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I am sure it wasn't, but that doesn't disctract from my enjoyment everytime I smoke a CTT.
OK. I guess. Still by your enjoyment. If the other party wasn't on it and let you pass him than you technically didn't smoke anything unless it was a joint. I have had my CTT side by side with my friends V10 TDI and I can assure you although fast it is not in the same league as a CTT.

In order to have smoked a CTT you would need to both be at WOT and one obviously out accelerates the other. That is not what your describing here. This is like the guy in the lowered Corolla with big canister exhaust that sits on the tail of my turbo at 80 mph and I move over to the right lane and let him by and he thinks he just dusted a Porsche. In fact I wouldn't even need to down shift and get on boost to leave it miles behind. BTW the TDI also tops out at 150 mph far below the top speed of a CTT. hate to burst your bubble but there is just no way a 7 second second Diesel is going to leave a 5 second Twin turbo 6-8 car lengths behind off the line unless the other party allowed it. Now if you are moving side by side at speed the torque of the TDI would help it to keep up but from experience I know the CTT is still faster.

Quick Reply: The ultimate humiliation. GTO vs CTT.