Sponsored by:

Black Paint on a 2006 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Coach 11
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Paint on a 2006 Turbo S

Well just purchased a Black CPO Porsche Cayenne Turbo. After a very close inspection of the paint i have noticed many imperfections and swirls. Is this common with Black? First time owner of this color and i know this color comes with good,bad and ugly. Does any know of a problem Porsche has had with Black?

Tnx-, Coach 11
Old 01-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Cay-ute
Addict
Rennlist Member

Coach, I have two black P Cars and when they are new (or freshly detailed) they are awesome looking, however, they require alot more attention to keep the paint looking like new. I use a boar's hair brush to wash, high end microfiber towels to dry, and I have each of them lightly polished twice a year. On my cars, the paint quality is excellent but it is a constant fight to keep the swirl marks from showing up.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Coach 11
Instructor

Cay-ute,

Thank-you for the info..very helpful. Where do you buy High-end microfiber towels? and Boar's hair brush?

What kind of car wash?

My 2006 CTT Turbo S only has 3k and i had it detailed in Novemeber... I can't seem to get that detailed look. I appreciate your advice.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Cay-ute
Addict
Rennlist Member

Coach, I buy all of my detailing stuff from properautocare.com in Tampa (I think). They have alot of great information, knowledge and products on their site. I got the microfiber and boar's hair from them. I use Menzerna products to wash the car and I also use their polymer product to protect. I can't remember the names of the products but they do a nice job on my black cars. I like the polymer due to the longer lasting protection. They don't look as deep black as they look when I waxed them with a high quality carnuba, but here in Colorado our UV eats carnuba in a couple of weeks. The polymer last several months. Hope this helps!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Coach 11
Instructor

Cay-Ute, Thanks again...I am ordering the gear this weekend.

Best Regards, Coach

2006 CTT S Black.

Quick Reply: Black Paint on a 2006 Turbo S