Sponsored by:

CS Heat Vents Cold Feet!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
pep
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CS Heat Vents Cold Feet!!

Is it just my CS that has the lower heat vents pointing mid calf?? Unless my feet are on the brake pedal they stay cold for a number of miles since there is no heat directed at them. I thought I was hallucinating then a friend drove it and had the same complaint.

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a way to correct it.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:36 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had that a while ago, its the lower vents actuators. Its expensive, I hope your under warranty

now my feet are toasty
Old 01-13-2008, 07:38 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudman2
I had that a while ago, its the lower vents actuators. Its expensive, I hope your under warranty.. now my feet are toasty
Ditto, MM2. In the beta, always cold feet even after actuator door warranty work.. also rear a/c never put out any measurable amount of cool air. In the Tit.s feet are warm and the back seat a/c puts out artic air.. I had a great dealer but they could never adequately fix those issues.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
pep
Track Day

Actually I did ask the dealer when I brought it in last week and was told it is the way Cayennes are and there is nothing wrong.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:27 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

BS
Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

BS
yeah... what he said.

the reality is that it's just incredibly time consuming (i.e. high $$$) and a pain in the **** to do thus the dealers and PCNA prefer not to do what is necessary.. It was better post actuator warranty work.. but my feet were still cold in the wintertime until the entire compartment warmed up..

my complaints about the rear a/c were met with "all of them have weak std. air in the back" -- i.e. PAG wants you to buy the REAR a/c option. Since I bought off the lot when I got my Tit.S (that sounds so wrong) the rear regular vents easily cool the rear seat complaining teens/college boys in no time.. in the Beta they always complained it was hot until the front a/c finally got to the back (10-15 minutes with wifey saying she's freezing in the meantime). After the cold rear Tit.S experience (that sounds so wrong) no REAR a/c option is needed IMHO in the Cayenne (well, unless they build the stretch version that Larry desperately wanted).
Old 01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
John Veninger
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I had the same thing happen when I drove a Cayenne S. My right foot stayed cold. It seems like the actual placement of the bottom vent doesn't direct the hot air to your right foot while on the go pedal.

FYI- My 928 keeps my feet toasty warm when it's cold outside.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:26 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I have to say that when they did that job (under warranty) they did fix it, my feet are fine now.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:31 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

I have to say that when they did that job (under warranty) they did fix it, my feet are fine now.
.. I think in my case they did the best they could.. but even with the warranty work from time to time I still felt like I heard the clicking... plus my feet were still cold on those rare days when it is in the 30-40's. snow anyone??? N'easter coming through?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 PM
pep
Track Day

Thanks, I will push the dealer on my next visit and see if I can get them to do something about it. I've got nothing to lose at this point since it's still under warranty.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:34 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Quick Reply: CS Heat Vents Cold Feet!!