Sponsored by:

Cayenne GTS suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:37 AM
benjy3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne GTS suspension

I put my order in for a GTS but I am still a little confused about what to do with the suspension. I understand the GTS has air suspension as standard (anyone correct me if I am wrong!) and PDCC is a $3510 extra. Does PDCC only reduce body roll/squat & dive? Anyone have an opinion if it is worth paying for? I currently have an 05 S without air suspension and I will not make that mistake again! This car is for my wife mainly, so ultimate cornering is not really the highest priority here.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:09 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you are buying the 6 speed manual...?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Reefminis
AutoX

I thought the big thing about the GTS was PDCC on steel springs with the air suspension available as an option, or is that only in Europe?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

pdcc is amazing, Its unreal the diffrence in handeling. I though it was just a bunch of hype too.
So i drove a 06 cay turbo s on a curvey road and the car felt tight, Then I drove a 08 turbo with pdcc on the same road. The 08 made the 06 feel like a 1966 vw bus in the corners
Old 12-02-2007, 04:46 PM
benjy3
Rennlist Member

Embarrassed to say it is for the wife mainly, so has to be a Tip. Any more thoughts on the PDCC? Currently my order does not have it, and I am ay least trying to be more sensible when ordering Porsche cars as far as option expenditure goes.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ask your wife if she really would like to have PDCC.
She wants a Tip, so if there is anything else she wants/doesn't want, ask....then order.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:24 PM
benjy3
Rennlist Member

She has no idea what she wants with cars. About the only way I could get her input on whether to have PDDC, would be to tell her it stands for an option called PraDa Deluxe Carrier.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

there is a great u tube vidoe showing the 2. search PDCC.

i believe it is always on and read that it keeps it stable even in comfort mode.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:41 PM
cbryce
Intermediate

Default Dont know what options to get and what does a fully loaded GTS cost?

Just out of curiousity which options did you get for your GTS AND I mean every option seeing that everything you have to pay extra for which is hard to bite but it is what it is.

I am in the market for a GTS too myself and havi ng went to the dealer the sales guy told me one would be over 80K fully loaded so I`m curious to know what yours came out at and what options you have.

You would think the vehicle costs 69 base so if you added a couple of options which should come with the car like parking assists, Xenon lights,headed seatsm and PCM/navi to come with the car doesnt and by the time you add them in it`s an arm and a leg.

What would be the most important features to get? Your help is appeciated and thnak oyu.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:38 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cbryce
Just out of curiousity which options did you get for your GTS AND I mean every option seeing that everything you have to pay extra for which is hard to bite but it is what it is.

I am in the market for a GTS too myself and havi ng went to the dealer the sales guy told me one would be over 80K fully loaded so I`m curious to know what yours came out at and what options you have.

You would think the vehicle costs 69 base so if you added a couple of options which should come with the car like parking assists, Xenon lights,headed seatsm and PCM/navi to come with the car doesnt and by the time you add them in it`s an arm and a leg.

What would be the most important features to get? Your help is appeciated and thnak oyu.

you sir do not understand the gts,
the gts is designed to be a sports truck, driven for driving please not for comfort. You dont need park assist or navigation on a race car.
The gts should have been rwd manual trans only, with no carpet no rear seats
and sport buckets
Old 12-03-2007, 05:53 AM
benjy3
Rennlist Member

I agree, and if it were just that I would buy one for myself. An RS version with lightened panels, 6 speed short shift, real sports seats etc. It would be the ultimate urban battle vehicle. Sadly it is not as such. It is still grossly heavy and will probably have mediocre seats and steering I suspect. No, I am buying this for the wife (she has to have auto, parking assist and navigation...) and it is just an excuse really to get another car that I will somewhat get a kick out of.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:01 AM
benjy3
Rennlist Member

cbryce. I ordered as follows:
Marine Blue + standard black leather.
Tiptronic
Light comfort
Headrest crests
Heated front seats
Front and rear park assist
PCM
Satellite Radio
Trailer hitch
Variable steering
Moonroof (so the dog can breathe)!
Entry and drive
Thermally insulated glass
Sportplus wheels
Non smoker package
Carbon steering wheel
Gear selector carbon
Deleted the ridiculous enlarged rear wing/shelf. Sales told me that I could get the regular roof spoiler.
Tourist delivery.
Didn't check the total price - because I didn't want to know!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:12 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by benjy3
cbryce. I ordered as follows:
Marine Blue + standard black leather.
Tiptronic
Light comfort
Headrest crests
Heated front seats
Front and rear park assist
PCM
Satellite Radio
Trailer hitch
Variable steering
Moonroof (so the dog can breathe)!
Entry and drive
Thermally insulated glass
Sportplus wheels
Non smoker package
Carbon steering wheel
Gear selector carbon
Deleted the ridiculous enlarged rear wing/shelf. Sales told me that I could get the regular roof spoiler.
Tourist delivery.
Didn't check the total price - because I didn't want to know!
What is in the place of the ashtray and lighter? I would leave this as its a great change holder and its a more convenient power adaptor.

What's with variable steering? Of all the issues with a Cayenne, steering didn't seem like something high on the list of things that need to be fixed? Does this make it more like a 1980's Cadillac or a race car?

Also for the nominal amount of money that the option costs(rel to other options), I would get the integrated phone option. A retrofit is $$$ and you don't have to use it if you don't want.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:05 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
....The gts should have been rwd manual trans only, with no carpet no rear seats and sport buckets
They did and somebody here even sat in it....then Marketing swooped in and, well, never mind.
Check the archives, IIRC, Larry had mentioned this in the past.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
They did and somebody here even sat in it....then Marketing swooped in and, well, never mind. Check the archives, IIRC, Larry had mentioned this in the past.
You sure that "memory" wasn't a drug induced hallucination whilest in the villa when the white jacket was being worn?

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS suspension