Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I had a "Check Directions" something or ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had a "Check Directions" something or ??

Come on when I was taking my baby to get washed today. WTF? After having arrived at my destination, and when I restarted after washing her up good (and its probably going to freaking rain tonight...arrgghh!)...it never came on again.

Man I'll tell you what...I just bought this freaking thing a few months ago with 17k miles on her (build date of November 03, first sold new December 24th, 2003) and since then it has been back to the dealer for:

8 New coils replaced due to 3 of them being cracked (which I now know was common from this site...and I got the old ones replaced with the new ones ending in part # 003 this)

The cracked coils caused misfires and fouled plugs, so they were all replaced also.

Fixed burned out dim head light bulb with two new "updated" ones.

Had the rear hatch readjusted because you had to SLAM the hell out of it.

And a couple other minor issues not really worth mentioning (like an interior trim piece broke off, etc..)

Now granted....I got a really good deal on this car when I bought her (and with only 17k one owner miles)...but ****, with all of the problems that have been fixed in the last couple months...that Infiniti FX45 I ALMOST went with (that had ever option know to man that included back up camara, lane departure warning, laser guided cruise control, technology package with bluetooth/nav/dvd/you name it)....is looking real good right about now!

I STILL need to take it back ONE MORE TIME to address another burned out bulb (this one on the rear hatch WHERE THEY JUST FINISHED ADJUSTING IT LAST WEEK), the rear tweeter speakers seem to have a lot of static...and my 25k mile service is coming up in 3k miles.

Plus one of our members posted a TSB that addresses the Ignition Control Module being replaced on the '04 S. I don't even know if they addressed that when I had it in last week! Their printout stated what services were performed (thank gawd all under warranty), but it also said "No outstanding TSB's" or something to that effect.

Well guys...if you see a LOW mileage Cayenne "S" with a transferable extended 100k/2013 warranty for sale in San Diego, CA real soon...haha...you know its me!

P.S. Sorry for the ranting, I am done...and in fact feeling a little bit better, thanks for listening guys

Now I get to wait for ltc to make fun of me

Edit: Oh yea...and I am going to have to address the Check Directions Gyroscopic Flux Capacitor thing when I take her back in. Holy crap man...how does something that can cost a pretty substantial amount have so many damn problems? Its not like the car had not been VERY WELL taken care of when I bought it...kudos to the previous owner for keeping detailed records of maintenance/service. He had the 20k service done right before selling it at 17k miles. So it hasn't been abused? I dunno.

Last edited by Nexus 6; 10-14-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Meh
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 AM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by Nexus 6
Now I get to wait for ltc to make fun of me
When you lob a soft one over the plate like this, even ltc may feel too sorry for you to crush it over the wall. Or maybe not...
Old 10-15-2007, 09:48 AM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sigs
When you lob a soft one over the plate like this, even ltc may feel too sorry for you to crush it over the wall. Or maybe not...
This one is WAY to easy for Lewis. Give the guy credit for having some pride.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:26 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Cayenne Ownership...

Lewis - would you please pass the Purplesarous Rex KEG to our member?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Come on when I was taking my baby to get washed today. WTF?
If it's a baby, it would be named "Damien".

After having arrived at my destination, and when I restarted after washing her up good (and its probably going to freaking rain tonight...arrgghh!)...it never came on again..
Yup, moisture impingment, known early issue. You should check to make sure that the dealer installed the headlight ventilation fix/TSB....this one came after the 'stuff the headlights full of tampons and maxi pads TSB....a personal fav.

Man I'll tell you what...I just bought this freaking thing a few months ago with 17k miles on her (build date of November 03, first sold new December 24th, 2003) and since then it has been back to the dealer for:

8 New coils replaced due to 3 of them being cracked (which I now know was common from this site...and I got the old ones replaced with the new ones ending in part # 003 this).
A temporary fix, but at least a good start.

The cracked coils caused misfires and fouled plugs, so they were all replaced also..
Yup.

Fixed burned out dim head light bulb with two new "updated" ones..
It will likely come back unless the connectors are changed out.

Had the rear hatch readjusted because you had to SLAM the hell out of it..
Again, known issue, simple fix.

And a couple other minor issues not really worth mentioning (like an interior trim piece broke off, etc..).
OK, we'll skip them....waiting for you to experience the self ejecting "stainless" steel trim.

Now granted....I got a really good deal on this car when I bought her (and with only 17k one owner miles)...but ****, with all of the problems that have been fixed in the last couple months...that Infiniti FX45 I ALMOST went with (that had ever option know to man that included back up camara, lane departure warning, laser guided cruise control, technology package with bluetooth/nav/dvd/you name it)....is looking real good right about now!.
It was looking good then, it will only look better as time goes on.

I STILL need to take it back ONE MORE TIME....
You're lying to yourself, it will be more than just one more time, trust me....

to address another burned out bulb (this one on the rear hatch WHERE THEY JUST FINISHED ADJUSTING IT LAST WEEK), the rear tweeter speakers seem to have a lot of static...and my 25k mile service is coming up in 3k miles. .
Make sure they don't charge you for unnecessary work performed as part of the service. The complete Cayenne maintenance schedules/checklists have been posted here, before Larry died.

Plus one of our members posted a TSB that addresses the Ignition Control Module being replaced on the '04 S. I don't even know if they addressed that when I had it in last week! Their printout stated what services were performed (thank gawd all under warranty), but it also said "No outstanding TSB's" or something to that effect..
Please keep in mind that most TSB's are worded/directed that (and I'm paraphrasing) unless the owner complains (or brings the corpse of Larry with him as expert witness or the owner is ltc) about it, you are under no obligation to simply 'do the right thing and spend all our profits'....don't perform the TSB.

Well guys...if you see a LOW mileage Cayenne "S" with a transferable extended 100k/2013 warranty for sale in San Diego, CA real soon...haha...you know its me! .
They usually end up in Russia, although now they prefer the 05 MY.

P.S. Sorry for the ranting, I am done...and in fact feeling a little bit better, thanks for listening guys .
Actually, always here to help answer questions.

Now I get to wait for ltc to make fun of me .
I will most certainly not, simply due to the fact that you are USN.

Edit: Oh yea...and I am going to have to address the Check Directions Gyroscopic Flux Capacitor thing when I take her back in. Holy crap man...how does something that can cost a pretty substantial amount have so many damn problems? Its not like the car had not been VERY WELL taken care of when I bought it...kudos to the previous owner for keeping detailed records of maintenance/service. He had the 20k service done right before selling it at 17k miles. So it hasn't been abused? I dunno.
Abused? Likely not, simply an early beta/late alpha model.....delivered prematurely by PAG.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:15 PM
jda407
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Quoted by Larry from the grave
(or brings the corpse of Larry with him as expert witness or the owner is ltc)
This is Rennlist Gold!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!
I thought I had it bad, a 2005 model which had frequent visits to few dealers the first year, hey I feel your pain man! Hang in there...all is left over for me (and for now) is the frequent blinking of the head lights, some people say it makes it look cute! (yeh right?)...

... but after all, I have never seen a better ride in an SUV this size, yes some other cars come with lots of toys, your car IS the toy.
Hope you feel better now
Old 10-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ltc
If it's a baby, it would be named "Damien".

Yup, moisture impingment, known early issue. You should check to make sure that the dealer installed the headlight ventilation fix/TSB....this one came after the 'stuff the headlights full of tampons and maxi pads TSB....a personal fav.

A temporary fix, but at least a good start.

Yup.

It will likely come back unless the connectors are changed out.

Again, known issue, simple fix.

OK, we'll skip them....waiting for you to experience the self ejecting "stainless" steel trim.

It was looking good then, it will only look better as time goes on.

You're lying to yourself, it will be more than just one more time, trust me....

Make sure they don't charge you for unnecessary work performed as part of the service. The complete Cayenne maintenance schedules/checklists have been posted here, before Larry died.

Please keep in mind that most TSB's are worded/directed that (and I'm paraphrasing) unless the owner complains (or brings the corpse of Larry with him as expert witness or the owner is ltc) about it, you are under no obligation to simply 'do the right thing and spend all our profits'....don't perform the TSB.

They usually end up in Russia, although now they prefer the 05 MY.

Actually, always here to help answer questions.

I will most certainly not, simply due to the fact that you are USN.

Abused? Likely not, simply an early beta/late alpha model.....delivered prematurely by PAG.
Hahaha...I love it!

But for some reason....I feel that a big part of me feels missing, or left out because I never had the opportunity in meeting this Larry guy that you all speak so....proudly of
Old 10-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!
I thought I had it bad, a 2005 model which had frequent visits to few dealers the first year, hey I feel your pain man! Hang in there...all is left over for me (and for now) is the frequent blinking of the head lights, some people say it makes it look cute! (yeh right?)...

... but after all, I have never seen a better ride in an SUV this size, yes some other cars come with lots of toys, your car IS the toy.
Hope you feel better now

Thanks Sam, and yes...I figured out real quick after joining this site that I was DEFINITELY not alone

And as far as it being a sweet *** ride for what it is? Won't argue with you there brother I see the X5 owners ALWAYS looking over with envy! (either that or they are ex Cayenne owners and are thinking to themselves..."Look at that poor sumbitch...man I feel bad for him")
Old 10-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Sam, and yes...I figured out real quick after joining this site that I was DEFINITELY not alone

And as far as it being a sweet *** ride for what it is? Won't argue with you there brother I see the X5 owners ALWAYS looking over with envy! (either that or they are ex Cayenne owners and are thinking to themselves..."Look at that poor sumbitch...man I feel bad for him")
Anytime!

my CS has busted a few of those X5s and 530s etc. it's always fun to see their look in the rear mirror view...usually I start by pressing the sport suspension and as we reach 79 mph and closer to the road, the real fun begins...

I think for me the next step is finally walking to the other dark side (or may be the bright side) of 911...preparations under way.

Quick Reply: I had a "Check Directions" something or ??